The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 If you could have any type of snake...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sta~ple Posted - 26/03/2010 : 21:54:43
Apart from the lovely corn snake, which one would you love to own?

I would love to own a Rhino snake.

He looks like a unicorn snakey teehee and they are such a beautiful colour when they become adults. I also love the black strip eye mark. Maybe one day I will get one...maybe... it seems impossible to find one to buy as a pet and there are no caresheets so I have no idea what they are like to handle. I think the likes to climb a lot and love water.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 12/04/2010 : 19:49:57
would love to buy the vogals pit viper from my rep shop but need a dwa license and they can kill so parents-no way!!
matty18714 Posted - 12/04/2010 : 09:40:37
quote:
Originally posted by Rich78

For me my next Snake would be a Carpet Python or Blue beauty. Love the natural Carpets and the Blue Beauty Rat Snake are stunning growing to 8ft.

Very nice looking snakes arnt they, though I like all the asian rats.
Kazzaboobers Posted - 12/04/2010 : 01:17:27
I think I will stick with Corns for now - the rest is only a distant dream lol
crazy JJ Posted - 12/04/2010 : 01:02:06
i would abs love a monocled cobra/king cobra, rattle snake or a rainbow boa..... but as i dont have the space (or a licence) or experince then i shall stick 2 ma corns lol :)
n/a Posted - 11/04/2010 : 22:36:50
For me my next Snake would be a Carpet Python or Blue beauty. Love the natural Carpets and the Blue Beauty Rat Snake are stunning growing to 8ft.
n/a Posted - 11/04/2010 : 22:33:15
I'd love an emerald tree boa but seen as ive only been keeping snakes a month i dont think im quite ready yet :)
reptiledanny Posted - 11/04/2010 : 20:59:11
if i coul dhave any snake and had the room i would either get:
lavender albino boa
red tailed boa
or an albino burmese

venamous:
gaboon viper (love the pattern)

would never have the room and wouldn't want a venamous snake, couldn't handle it
Kehhlyr Posted - 11/04/2010 : 17:04:35
Yup, that's true Matty, but a lot of it is down to the habitat you make for them.
I was nearly put off when someone described them as 'venomous feisty royals' because of the way they decide not to eat.
matty18714 Posted - 11/04/2010 : 16:16:33
I like B. Dendrophila , but I have heared they can be a right pain to feed, which is never fun.
Kehhlyr Posted - 11/04/2010 : 15:05:01
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

get your self a mexican black kingsnake,nearly identical.
Me personly would love a mangrove but the mrs says NO! lol

I'm currently doing a fair bit of research on the Boiga Dendrophila as It's one of the snakes that's been on my wish list since as far back as I can remember.
Stunning snake, purely decorative and my someone I know has a juvie going for 120 notes.
As yet, the only thing thats stopping me is the fact that apparently if you don't get their setup spot on, then they don't like it.
n/a Posted - 11/04/2010 : 08:42:38
omg... £225 is a bargain. If i knew it was a good looking and healthy snake i would consider buying a plane ticket from Sweden right away.
Cheapest one i have seen over here so far was a male (good looking but not the jet-black im really after), and the seller was asking 2500 euro for it, and it was finally sold for a couple of hundred more as it ended up beeing a bidding war between buyers!

They are fast and can have a temper, but the ones i have seen clamed down after a couple of days in a nice quiet cage and are usually doing a very good immitation of a wet noodle when beeing handled.

The sheding is normal, they look likepoopjust prior to it and are more like lizards as the shed usually comes off in patches instead of the "normal" way for snakes so its a lot of fun picking up all those little pieces in the cage ;)

/M
Kellog Posted - 11/04/2010 : 05:12:46
Sorry to bump this topic but thought some of you would like to know that I visited my local reptile shop yesterday, first time in ages....and saw an amazing indigo snake for sale !

Had a good chat with the guy there, who breeds corns and other snakes, and has had this indigo for a while. He was saying that this one was quite tame, but it would still launch itself at him whenever he opened the viv to get him out and once he had him out it was a balancing act to handle him (I had to laugh as he was literally miming out the motions and it looked like he was juggling invisible balls ).

The indigo was shedding and I didnt get to see its head, but supposedly it takes a day to shed....I asked cos to me is looked really wrong, all cracked and peeling, but he said that is how it always happened and that he would come in today and find a nice shiny snake and a shed skin.

He has a guy travelling up from Southampton to see it, so if any of you have £225.00 (just for the snake) and want to take one on you better get down my way fast!

xxx

Sta~ple Posted - 02/04/2010 : 21:06:11
I don't think I would ever keep a poisonous snake. I'd want to handle it all the time and if it gets angry...

My boyfriend has taken a shine to the rainbow boa as I have...I use to love boa's and then I went off them a bit after I saw them fully grown and some looked too fat but I think I have fallen in love with them again. I don't think I'll ever get one though nor a Rhino Rat snake as much as I love the Rhino but they seem to need quite a lot of care and can be funny eaters apprently :(
DannyBrown91 Posted - 02/04/2010 : 19:45:16
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

I wouldnt mind a Naja Kaouthia:

There amazing. Don't know wether i would want to keep a cobra though, little too venemous for me haha.

Such pretty snakes though. Monocled cobras are nice but i quite like spectacled cobras
newsnakekeeper Posted - 02/04/2010 : 19:34:30
Sorry folks but i be a softy and stick with corn snakes either caramel or miami or mayb a royal python to inexperieneced to got for anything else lol
Mouse Posted - 31/03/2010 : 14:24:27
According to the video they basically crush their prey with their jaws.

I wonder what you would feed them on a regular basis?

(This is Re - the Indigo...!)
matty18714 Posted - 30/03/2010 : 17:35:15
I wouldnt mind a Naja Kaouthia:

Kellog Posted - 30/03/2010 : 04:51:50
quote:
Originally posted by BlueTongueDan

quote:
Originally posted by Polcher

I have always wanted an indigo snake (Drymarchon couperi) but they are impossible to find here :(
They look evil enough to have you as their next meal, but are usually so nice and calm its silly.

Indigo snakes are incredible!
They're supposed to be one of the most intelligent snakes arent they? I heard that they can actually recognise their owners

Check this out if you havent already seen it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvoV2qZQtdo

Id LOVE a Black Headed Python!
But id prefer to see one in the wild than own one.

They really do sound quite special if they are as intelligent as they are made to sound. It is amazing that they are great with children and actually differentiate between their owners and other people. The snake in the vid is so calm and relaxed while being held there, virtually ignored, while his owner talks!

That snake seems to have a very red tinge to its head and the bottom of their front bit (if that makes sense), whereas the one in the pic looks so much more pure black....is there that much difference between them, or is that the lighting and way the pic is taken?

I cant get over the shape of its tail!

Are there a lot of snakes that dont unhinge their jaws? He says that they are not constrictors nor venomous, so what does that make them? (stupid question I know, brain fog moment )

I can understand the desire to own one, definitely!

I understand totally what you mean about the black-headed python Dan, yes...it would be great to own some of these snakes but sometimes I feel their real place is in the wild and that is where I would want to see them.

xxx

Sta~ple Posted - 29/03/2010 : 22:49:33
OMGOSH HIS BELLY! IT'S ALL BLACK! And his tongue :3 The photo of the indigo snake looks a lot blacker than the one the guy was holding though
BlueTongueDan Posted - 29/03/2010 : 22:07:36
quote:
Originally posted by Polcher

I have always wanted an indigo snake (Drymarchon couperi) but they are impossible to find here :(
They look evil enough to have you as their next meal, but are usually so nice and calm its silly.

Indigo snakes are incredible!
They're supposed to be one of the most intelligent snakes arent they? I heard that they can actually recognise their owners

Check this out if you havent already seen it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvoV2qZQtdo

Id LOVE a Black Headed Python!
But id prefer to see one in the wild than own one.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000