New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  15:29:26  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage
so Mystery is starting to outgrow his viv and i need a larger one. Any advice on good upgrade options?
im currently thinking:
http://www.rocketaquatics.co.uk/aquatlantis-104cm-vivarium-terrarium-p-1941.html but its a little pricey

ideally want an all glass viv. looking forward to your advice and recommends!

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  16:39:52  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
i personally would go for a wood with glass doors viv, rather than have to cover 3 sides with something. they're also better for getting a stable temperature gradient and don't have a greenhouse effect in the summer.
what size is Mystery now and what's he in at the moment?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  17:27:49  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage
well he is currently in a 24" aqualantis viv and measures around 36inch or so. I find my temps are very stable so full glass is not a problem. However my setup is very natural based and i use a exoterra background and large wood feature so that eats a large amount of space. Planning on getting a larger viv to allow more roaming space and increase his hide sizes

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

253 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  17:31:34  Show Profile
In my opinion they always need more floor space than ground, that glass viv on that site is tall but really not alot of room to roam around

0.0.1 Amelanistic Corn 'Noodle'
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon 'Bowser'
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier 'Remo'

''The Devil is a loser and he's my B*tch!''
Go to Top of Page

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  17:44:01  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage
well its bigger than the exo terra vivs and mystery does like to climb a fair bit. but ideally i would like alot of floor space too
Go to Top of Page

Spedz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  22:52:29  Show Profile  Click to see Spedz's MSN Messenger address
How about the vivexotic vivs? They'll be a lot cheaper (3ft = £75ish)
Plus he'll feel more secure, and you're temps with have a nicer gradient.

Only problem is, the suction pads on those fake plants don't like to work - But you could always work around it, drill a little hole, and tie a bit of string around the plant etc

1.1.0 Corn Snake - 'Jasper' & 'Storm'
0.0.1 Curly Hair Tarantula - 'Fluffy'
1.0.0 Border Collie - 'Chance'
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - 'Alfie'
0.1.0 Tortoise - 'Lightning'
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - 'Charlie'

RIP Eddie :'(
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2009 :  00:47:06  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Spedz

Only problem is, the suction pads on those fake plants don't like to work - But you could always work around it, drill a little hole, and tie a bit of string around the plant etc

There's a superb way around that as well.

Raid the missus (or your) make-up bag and find a small compact that they (you) wont miss and break it apart.
When you've gotten the mirror out in one piece (That's the most important bit), just stick a bit of 'no-nails' or a similar strong glue on it, and stick it to the viv.
A day or so later, and suction cups will stick to the small mirror.

These things are so small that they're hardly noticeable(sp?) and if you have any directional lights in the tank, can be used to reflect light as well.

One downside though, some of them have quite rough edges so if you can get the front surround off the compact in one piece, then it's even better.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  19:56:33  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage
so i opted for the exo terra 90x45x60 glass viv.

I was reluctant at first as the small tanks in store did look kinda tame. well it arrived today and it is one beast of a tank. the plastic on it could have been a little stronger but the rest is really nice. well ventilated, front opening doors, the tiny lips that lift the tank above the surface for under tank heating. lovely. debating whether to splash out and get the canopy for it but at £90 smackers without bulbs i think this will have to wait. has anyone used the exo terra canopies any reviews or other recommendations?

Mystery has been out all day exploring, falling a couple times trying to glass ride, weirdo lol. fell from the full 90cm. was kinda worried to be honest. investing in a few vines to provide some support higher up. shud be with me soonish. i've uploaded a vid to youtube what ya think? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uum6VmwrPOg

tank is still a little bare till my other orders come in. again going for the natural look. anyone found any novel ways to attach plastic plants without suction cups onto wire mesh?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000