My corn and her eggs...need answer :)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

1 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2009 :  13:36:52  Show Profile
My female corn layed fertile eggs last year in Febuary 2 weeks after i bought her.
Ive kept her with a male since March, but i didnt follow any of the breeding rules of cooling them off over winter.
I can feel eggs in her when i handle her, but isnt it a bit late for them to be fertile?

moved to 'Breeding' by GP

Edited by - gingerpony on 17/06/2009 18:48:08

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2009 :  14:03:25  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
no,they can retain sperm for a year,also they dont need brumating to mate so they could be very well fertile.

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2009 :  15:23:10  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
lee is right. they dont need brumating for them to mate. i found that the hard way
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2009 :  18:47:25  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
as per lee's reply
i'm still waiting for one of my females to lay her first clutch this year and some people are already expecting second clutches

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2009 :  19:46:53  Show Profile
I had a cluch arrive today but my first clutch of the year tured up at the begging of april (sadly they didn't make it) Corns don't really like obaying the rules and pretty much do as they please regarding these things.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2009 :  21:10:44  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
you don't necessarily have to 'force' brumation, cooler ambient temperatures and the length of daylight can naturally cycle corns without much help/interference from us

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000