New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tatsie-j
Hatchling

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  21:34:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hiya just wondering what a regurge looks like?! i think bailey has regurged y would he have done this n what do i do???

Anery - Bailey
Amel- Coraline
Normal - Zebedee
Butter Motley - Kitrino
Cats - Danny & Jasper

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  21:45:45  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It depends on how much digestion has been done. Rocky regurged the other week and its just looked like a brown sticky mouse.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Tatsie-j
Hatchling

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  21:49:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well he was fed on tuesday double pinkies um its like half a pinkie n other half is brown n slimey best way 2 describe it!

Anery - Bailey
Amel- Coraline
Normal - Zebedee
Butter Motley - Kitrino
Cats - Danny & Jasper

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  23:26:07  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sounds like a regurge. Has he just regurged today?

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  23:35:50  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if it smells really bad (worse than snake poo) then its most likely a regurge

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  05:10:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Natalie, I do hope Bailey hasnt regurged....have been through it with Silvesta so know how worrying it is. The fact that it is like half a pinkie and is this is the 3rd day after he was fed then it does sound like a regurge.

This is a really good sticky about it - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7792

I know all this is in the sticky but the important thing is to leave him for 10 days before you feed him again, so that his digestive system has a chance to recover. When you do feed him it may be worthwhile just feeding him the one pinkie, I know that is what I did with Silvesta - he was on 2 medium mice and I started him back with just the one until I was sure he was holding it down and then increased it back to 2.

How are the temps in his viv? Do you have any idea why he might have regurged? It is horrible not knowing, then waiting the 10 days, then feeding him and hoping he will eat, and then having to wait again hoping that he wont regurge again....but hopefully, like Silvesta, this will just be a one-off.

It actually sounds like the sort of time line as when Silvesta regurged as it was the morning of the day I was due to handle him....but when he did it you could see that he had hardly digested the 2nd mouse at all, it was all there.

I do hope that it wasnt a regurge, but if it is then you must try not to panic (easily typed, hard to do, I know) and just give him that time to recover.

Let us know how he is.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Tatsie-j
Hatchling

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  11:53:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Danny - yes it was yesterday evening as he done it in his water bowl! and i would have noticed it earlier in the day i regularly look in his viv as i pass it a lot

eeji - it didnt smell at all but as stated above it was in his water so maybe that took the smell away!

Kellog - I'm pretty sure its a regurge unfortuantly! im not overly worried just wasnt sure what 2 do! Shocked me a bit his temps r fine i think it was just a case of 2 much 2 soon as i only got him at the begining of may he was on 1 pinkie in the shop a week i doubled up as soon as i got him as hes over a year but on tuesday they were both quite big pinkies so just think it was 2 much! Ill leave him the 10days from yesterday yes? can i handle him or does he need 2 b left completely alone?

Anery - Bailey
Amel- Coraline
Normal - Zebedee
Butter Motley - Kitrino
Cats - Danny & Jasper

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  12:37:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2 pinkies at a year old shouldn't bother him at all, there's debate about haandling after regurge, personally, as long as its kept to a minimum its fine, don't go waving him about, but don't be scared to touch him either. Regurge is stressful, but once over its over, a period of 7 - 10 days wait is adviseable to let the stomach regain some of the juices lost, then feed as normal. At a year old I would seriously think about moving up to fluffs, my year old is on small mice!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000