Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  23:16:20  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
also how long was urs mising and where was it hiding?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2010 :  14:04:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, this is my first time on here so hello to all.
My friends Corn Snake Hector(now my Corn Snake) escaped early 2009 & was occaisionally spotted in the drain under their kitchen window. He was found in July 2010 basking in the garden of an empty house across the street. He had lived free for over 18 months & lived through our worst winter on record. So dont lose hope if they go astray because they may show up in the strangest of places. Lee

1 x Carolina corn (Hector)
1 x Royal Python (Rocky)
Castleford West Yorkshire
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  21:07:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good post :) i had a king snake escape i looked high and low for him my girlfriend ha fed him and didnt close the doors properly i eventually found him in my hatchling rack behind one of the tubs and i was soo worried about the babys i checked every one of the tubs to check that every 1 or my hatchlings were there and in good health and fortunately they were but all is good and no escapes since :) neeless to say i will be doing the feeding from now hahahahaha :)))
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  08:29:16  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ooh Lee, just noticed you're just down the road from me! (ish......10 mins away, lol)

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

nikki-il-lilly
Hatchling

United Kingdom
123 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2010 :  19:19:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:( pearl has gone missing and i have searched every where :( searched my room and found a small hole to the outside world :'( and i said noubourghs and they hate snakes :(

Maggie the Candycane Casper the Ghoat motly and David the Carolina :D
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2010 :  19:57:49  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my friend lost one his male out of a breeding corn pair :( he found last week from 3 months of looking :D it lost a little colour but it come back with more weight :S he thinks it had been eating the mice round his house as he had a mouse problem and it seemed to die down once it went missing xD

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2010 :  21:59:31  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My little Ripley went missing over the winter period of 2009, and where my parents live, where he went missing, they had 8 inches of snow!! He was found in June of the 2010 eating a shrew one of the cats had brought in (lucky they didn't find him, because they have a habit of bringing in grass snakes and slow-worm tails!) All I can say to those that have recently lost their little buddies is don't worry too much about them. They are probably fine, curled up somewhere warm, sleeping out the winter. I really recommend, if you lose your little buddy and he could have gotten out into the big wide world, in the warmer weather of may/june/july to look out and about in the garden. They don't seem to stray tooooo far from where they were living/lost, or at least from what I have seen in this thread. Otherwise, pull up carpets with the utmost care around hot water pipes, pull back skirting and check in your sofas and chairs. These little guys can and will get anywhere o.o

Good luck to those that have recently lost a snake ^^ Me'n Rip are thinking of ya!

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2010 :  23:53:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello there Gingerpony, Yes nottoo far away

1 x Carolina corn (Hector)
1 x Royal Python (Rocky)
Castleford West Yorkshire
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2010 :  13:26:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Butter corn (diego) went missing when he was about 2 months old, bought a webcam put it on "motion sensor" put flour round the edges of the room - nothing!!! in the end I put a pinkie on the floor and he turned up in the electric fire in the sitting room (never used so was lucky) about a 100 screws and a few bent pieces of metal later he was re-captured!! have been paranoid about making sure the locks on both my vivs are on properly ever since!

1 x carolina corn -slinky
1 x butter corn - diego
Go to Top of Page

jonoandapril
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2010 :  22:04:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my first snake used to go missing quite alot, sometimes for weeks at first. after a couple of times we knew exactly where to find her as she always used to go into the airing cupboard in my sisters room (my sis is NOT a snake lover!) and get in amongst the towels.

1x amel corn (tango)
1x carolina corn (pepsi)
1x carpet python (butch)
1x normal royal (rachel)
1x bumblebee royal
wishlist: abbotts okeetee female, crawl cay boa, emerald tree boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

61 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  13:32:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
definately a good guide
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2011 :  09:41:42  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Widget is gone TT^TT I've made myself physically sick with worry about him. He escaped at some point yesterday (I don't check on him that often, because he is a very inactive snake) but I KNOW he was in his new vivexotic on Wednesday night, around 1am, so he must have got out between then and 10pm yesterday. I so very worried, as technically, I shouldn't have any pets here in this flat! I've had my other half out on the roof outside, in case he was out there, there is flour everywhere, traps, cardboard boxes, a fish tank, his own viv down; all have been floured about. I need to put some water down, but oh my god, I'm really not having a very good time of it thus far this year. I have pinkies down, but he was last fed Sunday! I'm going to hand out a few leaflets (these flats aren't built great, but thus far I've not really noticed any holes through to other apartments) and hope people don't go to my Landlord about it T^T I may say I was looking after him for a friend. I know when Ripley escaped, he turned up 6-7 months later, but I really can't have Widget travelling around this building by himself. At least with Ripley it was my parents' house, so it didn't particularly matter. Argh, I feel so sick, and so stupid T^T

If anyone is a master of finding snakes, please come rescue me, and my snake T^T

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

Cornflake1
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  19:43:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
* MOD edit, this is a pointless post if you are going to post can you please make it constructive or at least relevant

Bethany Carruthers
5 years experiance
2 cornsnakes - still own
1 rainbow boa- has been sold

Edited by - gmac on 08/01/2011 20:11:41
Go to Top of Page

hclue96
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2011 :  19:07:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when sally was in a faun the cat knowcked her off the table and she escaped :O she went missing for a few days but luckily i fouund her under the kitchen cabinet :P she was moved into my bedrom until we got her a proper viv :L
Go to Top of Page

Takagi
Egg

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  20:10:31  Show Profile  Click to see Takagi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok seems I one of the "lost ones" About a month ago I had to go away for work. So I asked my house mates to watch Max (being my brother and a good friend thought would have went well)

I walked them through water changes, and feeding (was doing inside Viv since they were doing it) but approx 2 weeks ago some how he got out of the tank, and I have just come back today to find Max missing.

Firstly thanks for this thread, will get to work... though it has been 2 weeks, what are the chance's he will be close to my room? Also I have a en-suit bathroom with a drain in the floor which leads outside, if he got into that...

dam this sucks
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  18:04:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey
gonna sound very repetetive but i have a 10 inch corn snake called woody and hes done a dissapearing act now thing is hes very nervous and hides all the time so i hadnt seen him for around 48 hours anyway before i discovered he was gone, ive searched all over the place and i would know if i was close because whenever i go near him at the moment because hes so young he strikes (and he has the loudest bloody hiss ive ever heard from a corn lol) the worrying thing is we have a very inquisitive dog who is showing no unusual interest when if there was the slightest thing out of place usually she definitely would to be honest im thinkin hes left the house and i am gutted hes so quick he could be anywhere!
Help is appreciated
Lee
Go to Top of Page

LiseR
Snake Mite

1 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  20:34:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very useful thread, passing it on to a friend whose snake went missing 3 wks ago. Thanks! :)
Go to Top of Page

tangoandmouse
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  18:51:15  Show Profile  Send tangoandmouse a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
thankyou for these tips and advice. I came home yesterday to find my corn has escaped out of his viv and im still searching for him. Thankyou for helping me with tips to help me find him. I wont give up!
Go to Top of Page

Only1Nitro
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  22:49:44  Show Profile  Visit Only1Nitro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lost my charcoal about a year ago never found her again and we have since had to move i was gutted only had her a few weeks

Male Charcoal = Sterling
Female Carolina = Fofo
Female Butter = Amarelo
12 Eggs
Go to Top of Page

Isoldael
Yearling

Netherlands
999 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2011 :  18:45:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I lost one of my corns, Saphira, after I had her for about 6 months. The other corn I had died shortly before that (it got very sick :() so you can imagine how gutted I was at the time. Spent hours searching everywhere - got to the point where I wondered if I shouldn't call the police so they could issue a local warning, so people wouldn't freak out and try to kill her.

After a while I decided to google around a bit to see what other people came up with. The first thing I found was a forum post where someone said they found their corn hiding in between the couch. Figured "why not give it a try". And sure enough, there she was o.o

1.0 anery stripe (Nash)
1.0 hypo pewter (Loki)
1.0 bloodred het amel, charcoal, hypo, stripe 50% phet anery, lavender (Kasumi)
0.1 grey background normal het amel (Saphira)
0.1 tessera het amel, anery, stripe (Lilith)
0.1 amel (Aurora)
0.1 hypo bloodred het anery, charcoal, stripe 50% phet amel, lavender (Mara)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000