is this..normal?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rachiepotatoe
Hatchling

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2010 :  20:40:28  Show Profile  Click to see rachiepotatoe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
for the past 10-11 days, Doyle has literally done nothing but sleep in his cave. He is usually out at night time rumaging through his viv, but lately, nothing!
He doesn't even come out to drink as far as I'm aware, because when I take him out I put his head near his bowl and he will keep taking really long drinks, but he won't do it himself....
He ate fine last wednesday, but He hasn't ventured out his cave since then (apart from when i handled him)
I've left him for a few days incase he was stressing, but still nothing! even when I took him out he was really docile , just sitting on my hand.
Also, I havn't found poop in his viv for about two weeks...He doesn't injest substrate because I use kitchen roll, I just don't know what is going onn!

help? :S

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2010 :  22:01:01  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi , if he has not pooped yet after his last meal he could have a blockage and for not being active he could be getting ready to go in to shedd or is coming out of shedd then going to shedd in few days..

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2010 :  12:57:18  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sounds very much like shed, but i dunno if that would explain him not pooeing, my corns poo for england! i really hope hes ok.

Go to Top of Page

rachiepotatoe
Hatchling

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2010 :  16:51:36  Show Profile  Click to see rachiepotatoe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Shedding was my first initial thought last week, but I havn't seen him in blue (I've been lifting up his cave everyday just to check he's actually okay)

I'm going to try bathing him later to see if it can help him poo and hopefully he'll be fine !

Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2010 :  19:23:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My corn sometimes only poops once every 2-3 weeks other times it will be weekly. He has just shed today but has been laying in the same spot since last wednesday not moving really apart from a quick shuffle so it could be a shed, he has now had a good slither about before going back to bed! If its an amel or snow etc it can be difficult to tell if they are in blue. I found this with our baby just found his shed one morninng. Oh and we rarely see any of our snakes drink seems to be something they do when all is quiet and dark.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

rachiepotatoe
Hatchling

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2010 :  21:09:34  Show Profile  Click to see rachiepotatoe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hahaha oh boy do I feel stupid :')
He just shed!! the sneaky buggar!
and left me a niiiice big pile of poop for me too!
panic over :D

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2010 :  21:14:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heh,heh the crafty little devil him!!
Thats one relieved snake and one relieved owner.....in different senses of the word!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2010 :  21:57:43  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aww, cheeky monkey (or should I say snake)! :P I bet that was one BIGGG and smelly poop! xD Im sure that was a great barrel of laughs to clean up! ;)
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000