New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sakurasnakes
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2010 :  16:52:40  Show Profile
Sorry if you've seen this post already, I posted in breeding initially but I'm wondering if it may be better suited here. Either way, I really need some advice please. My snow corn, Tia, has been housed for over a year with what I was told was another female. Yesterday I saw something that looked like a poo blockage just around her ventril scale. It looked a bit greenish and not very healthy so I removed it with some tissue and to my surprise what came out looked more like a dislocated and shrivelling snake penis - I assumed it was hers (well, his!) We booked the first available vet appointment for her which is tomorrow, but she otherwise looked well and healthly, as does my other snake who is housed with her. Anyway, we came down this morning, and to my shock there were two yellow "stones" in her tank - quite clearly infertile eggs! I can only assume that the pair have mated, although goodness knows what happened to the other snake's penis for it to be still inside her! But now, she's laid a white egg that seems quite soft - is it fertile? What do I do? I have a small plastic tank with a heat pad but no other materials or means of incubation. Tia seems well and very active - should I risk moving her to take her to her vet appointment tomorrow? Any advice at all please

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2010 :  16:57:25  Show Profile
duplicate thread http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13145

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page