Corn Snake Health
 So annoyed got a little noserubber
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sika
Hatchling

350 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2010 :  15:02:26  Show Profile  Visit Sika's Homepage  Click to see Sika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Got an Exo Terra faunarium, but so annoyed at it...
My little corn snake keeps trying to get out between the venting bars.. today I've noticed that her nose looks scaly... no wound or such, only a loose scale, but still...
Think I just have to order her a real glass terrarium now, won't risk her getting into troubles.

Guess she keeps doing it cause she can get her tongue through the venting... she's still quite small for an adult viv, but guess I'll just shut part of the viv off...

arghh... she's probably just doing it cause I promised her a "real" viv in 2011 xD Sneaky little beast

0.1 Corn snake - Motley Sunglow (Aia)
1.0 Hognose - normal (Vitus)

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2010 :  15:53:51  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tiko did that, and now he still does it in his viv too!!! He is due a shed soon (i think) he has rocks, wood, you name a scratchy object he has it, what does he use to loosen and itch - the glass!!!
Go to Top of Page

Sika
Hatchling

350 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2010 :  15:56:17  Show Profile  Visit Sika's Homepage  Click to see Sika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
same here when Aia sheds.... but right now I think she does it cause she wants food... but she'll have to wait till tomorrow... friday is feeding day.

Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2010 :  16:02:05  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
never thought about him wanting food, good job thursday is teatime then!
Go to Top of Page

andys
Snake Mite

21 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2010 :  16:39:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine goes through phases of doing this (more so approaching shed), never injured itself but worried it would. Moved to a small viv now, still does it but a lot less, and, obviously, the glass is FAR less abrasive than the faunarium.
Go to Top of Page

Sika
Hatchling

350 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2010 :  19:06:47  Show Profile  Visit Sika's Homepage  Click to see Sika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've now put her in a RUB, won't risk her spoiling her little nose...
Just ordering some glass vivs, that will hopefully solve the problem ;)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000