Poop Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  12:52:37  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry to post the daily poop question!

Tiko has a double feed on a Thursday, 2 small mice, he does a poop on Saturday, then another one on Monday - isn't he a regular boy!?

This week he hasn't done his Monday poop - he did Saturdays but unless he has hidden it incredibly well, and I have searched, then he hasn't done Mondays.

I wasn't too worried (as he has done one) but wondered if its maybe because he needs to go up a food size and thus is digesting the 2 food items at once? I noticed last feed that the bump in him was hardly noticeable now and have brought some bigger small mice to try. As they aren't much bigger I think I will still give him 2 for this week and see how he goes and then maybe get some medium mice for next time?

Just wondered what you guys thought?

Thank you in advance

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2010 :  15:51:59  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any ideas guys - did I post in the wrong area?
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2010 :  16:04:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How old and what sort of length is Tiko? It sound as though he may be ready to move up a size. How long has been eating 2 small mice for?

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2010 :  16:29:30  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have no idea on age as he was a rescue snake, he is about 3ft long and about as thick as a mans thumb, he has def put on weight and grown since he first arrived. He has been eating 2 mice for about 4 /5 weeks now. Prior to that at the rescue centre he was on rat pups.
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2010 :  19:02:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well he should be able to eat something one and a half times the thickest part of his body, so I would think you could move him up to the next size. Corn snakes are not always regular in the pooping so upto now you have been very lucky. Sid only goes once a fortnight normally but sometimes sneeks another in when you least expect it. As long as Tiko is active and seems healthy in every other way I wouldn't worry that he has only pooped on saturday.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2010 :  20:59:30  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Red, I will post some pics later or tom of him feeding earlier, you can see that there is hardly a bump now. This sounds daft but his head is quite small and I know they can eat mice way bigger than it looks but I didn't want to stress him out when feeding time comes!
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2010 :  22:22:57  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
At 3ft he can handle a medium mouse easily :)

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  08:26:24  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Sta-ple
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  10:19:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My 4 month olds have just moved from 2 pinkies to 1 fuzzy. It looks almost impossible that they could eat it with such tiny heads but its no issue to them. A little bit of wriggling and down it goes within 2-3 minutes. My 5 1/2 ft corn, Sid, eats weaner rats and his head looks really tiny compared to the size of the rat, but again the only one who has a problem with it is me thinking no way can that go down that little head!

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000