New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slix
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  13:18:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi i have corn i hadhim for a bout 3 months now and all he does is hide.i was wondering if there is any think i can do to encourage him/her to be more active.any one have any ideas all comments will be greatly appreciated

*moved

Edited by - gmac on 05/01/2011 13:19:47

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  13:34:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that's just the nature of corn snakes, or most snakes. They don't feel so safe out in the open so like to curl up in a hide and peep out.

My snake likes to come out in evenings and have a little slither around his tank.

What is your setup like? What temps have you got your setup at. Snakes age, size, etc etc. More info will help get your question answered!
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  14:49:33  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Have you noticed if your snake is active during the evening or first thing in the morning? Quite often that's when lots of people notice their snakes out and about. Even the shy ones normally come out for a while to explore at those times.
It's still early days for your snake. 3 months isn't that long for a snake in a new home. It can take some of them a really long time to feel settled.
I'm sure things will improve given time......

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

jonoandapril
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  16:06:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i never notice when my snakes out as hes almost dark purple and loves his wood lol hes usualy out in the late afternoon say 4oclock time if the temps not right then he will want to stay in his hide eather to say warm or cold but all snakes are the same they all love small dark spaces and unless you get a hide with the top cut away you probly wont see alot of him unless you handle him lol my little boys never out unless i go in n get him lol hope that helps

1x amel corn (tango)
1x carolina corn (pepsi)
1x carpet python (butch)
1x normal royal (rachel)
1x bumblebee royal
wishlist: abbotts okeetee female, crawl cay boa, emerald tree boa
Go to Top of Page

Ayersy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  22:52:38  Show Profile  Click to see Ayersy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Egon used to come out quite alot when I first got him (Had him nearly 2 weeks now) but the past few days, all he's done is stay hidden up in the warm end, though he's still feeding okay.
Go to Top of Page

slix
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  12:43:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
slix is about 6 months old i have recently just bought him a ne vivarium 3ft by 2ft by 1 and half ft has beechwood chippings as substrate he has a heat mat at one of the tank two pieces of wood a green plastic cylinder three toilet roll tubes and two water bowls. i think i may need a bigger heat mat to raise the temp a lil. i was told corn snakes are quite active snakes but was just a lil worried bout slix as he does hide all the time.is there anythink wrong with my set up or any think i shud change to make it better for him then ???? thank you all for your reply's there are all help full and informative
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

288 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  13:50:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think mine are bipolar (manic type). They just love been the centre of attention

Edited by - n/a on 06/01/2011 13:50:37
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000