Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jonnyc1988
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2011 :  11:23:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My corn just shed the other day, I noticed today his tail hadnt shed properly. I just ran his tail under the tap and used my finger and thumb to work the skin off. He wriggled quite a bit and was obviously not enjoying it, but it cant be helped, its for his own good.

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2011 :  12:24:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hardly surprising he wriggled like mad, and it can be helped. What you did is not the most ideal way of getting a tail shed off.

for a start running it under the tap would have stressed the corn, and did you check the temps of the running tap and working at the snakes tail withn your fingers wont have helped.

Best and least stressful way is to get a damp cloth and let the snake wriggle through it, that works on most occasions for a retained shed and will cause the least amount of stress.

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2011 :  12:29:32  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i agree with g running it tail under a cold tap, wasnt best thing to do, snakes have been known to go into a form of shock/shutdown then they have been put in cold water for a bath, i wouldnt use a tap at all as even if u try an adjust the taps to the right temp its still unpredicatable,

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

jonnyc1988
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2011 :  12:42:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh dear, thanks for the help, the tap was actually luke warm, not just cold. But i will remember that for next time. thanks

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2011 :  12:48:36  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
have a lookie here for future referance :)

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12296

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Newbie 105
Hatchling

United Kingdom
134 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2011 :  20:58:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn I wish I could take really nice close up pictures for crinkle but digital cameras in this light just won't do speaking of which how about any of you lot post a picture of your corn the best picture you got so we can all see what corns you got :D

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000