Graze
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

paul9115
Snake Mite

14 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  08:22:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all over the past few days Fred has been on the look out for an escape route trying to squeeze through the gap between the doors I was looking at him this morning and noticed he has a small graze on his nose (barely visible really) but was wondering if it would need attention and how to stop him hurting himself in the future, thanks in advance.

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  08:50:23  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
if it's not bleeding then i'd leave it alone, if it got worse you could get some Tamodine/Vetadine to dab on it though
try putting some cardboard in the gap between the doors to make it less appealing for him

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Edited by - gingerpony on 22/03/2011 08:51:04
Go to Top of Page

paul9115
Snake Mite

14 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  08:55:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok will try that thanks its not bleeding its only very slight my main concern is preventing it getting worse the little so and so it's nice to see him out and about though lol
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  09:02:06  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
if you plug the gap hopefully he'll realise it isn't a way out and so stop trying

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  09:13:46  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi I had the same problem with Rhubarb so I bought some paper binders and have loads spare if you want some drop me an email and I will post some out to you, they are clear so not unsightly and certainly solves the problem.

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  10:00:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll second the paper binders suggestion. You can hardly see them but they seal the gap well and are rounded so he wouldn't be able to hurt his nose on them.

Believe me when ozziesmum says she has loads spare she means it too!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  10:07:30  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Mort13 don't remind me, anyone can mistake a 5 for a 1 :).

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.
Go to Top of Page

paul9115
Snake Mite

14 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  12:36:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

if you plug the gap hopefully he'll realise it isn't a way out and so stop trying

that might be a problem lol he isn't very bright bless him it will hopefully stop him hurting himself though.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000