Regurgitation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wolfsnake
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  20:36:25  Show Profile  Click to see Wolfsnake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How long after a baby corn snake regurgitates do i feed him again? Because hes looking awfully thin he regurgitated because the pinkie I gave him was too big

***moved from General to Health by GP***

Edited by - gingerpony on 26/03/2011 06:59:50

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  20:39:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I may not have been the pinky, it could be down to many reasons thats you mentioned in your first post, like the fact the 2 corns are sharing a tank, and the heating is not right.

Do you know for sure which one regurged?

Ideally leave 10 days, no handling during this time at all.

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7792
Go to Top of Page

Wolfsnake
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  20:53:25  Show Profile  Click to see Wolfsnake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah I know which one it was and they've both been eating fine before that. I knew the pinkie i gave him might have been too big and it was. I just fed the other one now, Hes fine, and just checked to see If the other one was ok, because you can't help but worry when your snake regurgitates. The heating is right, I have thermometers either side with a 10 degree difference, It was the heating bill that was the problem, so i was looking for a cheaper alternative
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  20:54:46  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As Lou has said this is one of issues of co habiting when something happens u don't know which one it was like regurge poo etc also it makes it harder to work out why it happened. Co habiting on it's own is enough to make a snake regurge if it's not happy even if your husbandry is good

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  21:05:06  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The general rule with a regurge is not to feed or handle for ten days to give the gut time to recover and build up it's natural chemicals, enzymes etc before another meal is offered. It really isn't a long time in the snake world, they can go a long time without food. Also give the smallest pinkies you can for a few feeds following a regurge.
For the snakes sake, and yours, I hope it isn't down to the stress that cohabiting can cause.
Let us know how it goes.....

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  07:03:03  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it's highly unlikely the regurge was due to an over-sized food item.......if it's able to go down it'll stay down
i'm guessing it's a husbandry issue

please have a read of this for further info http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7792

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2011 :  08:00:06  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As herriotfan said u need to leave alone for 10 days but as u are cohabiting and u don't know which one did it both will need to be treated the same way

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000