Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2011 :  11:32:42  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes that would be a great idea Mamma :3

How come it costs that much anyway to run? Is it because of the mass of content?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2011 :  15:25:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd be happy to set up a direct debit, it wouldnt be very much, but i'd pay what i could, this is the only place online i talk to people, and all the advice i have asked for or read has been fantastic, if it had been the Dreaded Dark Side, then they could get stuffed!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2011 :  16:28:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Done. Thanks so much for running this site - I didn't realise it was all out of pocket, that's phenomenal. I don't know what I'd have done in the early days without this forum .

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2011 :  16:37:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

How come it costs that much anyway to run?

Do you know how expensive it is to keep the mods fed on Jaffa Cakes

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2011 :  16:37:53  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone, the contributions are great and we are sighing a big sigh of relief to know we've nearly got the server money for this month

Think it's a good idea to have special sub names for our patrons. I'll ask Lewy about it when he gets home [:)
]

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2011 :  16:50:21  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I had no idea it cost that much to run the site and to my shame I never even thought about it.

I think this and the sister sites are fantastic and on the whole, the community is a wonderful group to belong to. I think you mods and admins do a grand job. It has been my pleasure to donate to the running and welcome the idea of a regular payment if it helps to keep the place free of annoying ads.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  15:06:25  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

...helps to keep the place free of annoying ads.

having discussed it with Lewy at the last donny show that's what he's really keen on maintaining, it would be so easy to sell out and have adverts all over the damn place to fund the server, but blinking annoying for everyone that uses the site!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  16:40:33  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How about doing a run of the cornsnake.co.uk t shirts again,might raise some funds.

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  17:11:05  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

quote:

Prfft you should be switched onto super market own brand ones then :P

I don't actually mind small ads that are relvent and small though, to be honest, but I guess you have no real control on the sizes and how and where they pop up :/ Like you know the small ones they have on the top of the pages on rfuk near the banner, I don't mind them kinda ones. It's the massive ones that are in posts that are grrrrr XD

Oooh I'd like thecornsnake mug :P or a mouse mat heehee

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  17:37:46  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by gmac

quote:

Prfft you should be switched onto super market own brand ones then :P

I don't actually mind small ads that are relvent and small though, to be honest, but I guess you have no real control on the sizes and how and where they pop up :/ Like you know the small ones they have on the top of the pages on rfuk near the banner, I don't mind them kinda ones. It's the massive ones that are in posts that are grrrrr XD

Oooh I'd like thecornsnake mug :P or a mouse mat heehee

I would buy a mug!! To drink my coffee while I read through threads!!

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  18:41:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooh,a mug. I'm liking that idea!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  18:46:54  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
A mug is a brilliant idea. And I would love a t-shirt. How about car stickers too. They wouldn't cost much to post out either so would keep costs down to seller and buyer

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  22:14:08  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Donated :) . Liking the t-shirt, car sticker and mouse mat ideas too.

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  23:17:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
couldnt you have some kind of TCS meeting like in a pub just before like the big shows like donny???? People will have some money cause thats why they came to the show and i we could all put like a £10 into like a kitty fund. Each mod could be at the different shows to help (sorry mods just brain storming)
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  23:20:40  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They usually do have a meet up in the pub nearby at lunchtime. I haven't made it to a show yet but hopefully going to the sept one

0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  01:07:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mkmattyk

couldnt you have some kind of TCS meeting like in a pub just before like the big shows like donny???? People will have some money cause thats why they came to the show and i we could all put like a £10 into like a kitty fund. Each mod could be at the different shows to help (sorry mods just brain storming)

I will be at the Hamm show then

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  08:36:49  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I will be at the Hamm show then

ooooh yeaaaah! Rub it in!!!

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  09:52:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
love the idea of mug/t-shirt etc

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  16:06:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TCS products?! Great idea!

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2011 :  19:00:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd buy a mug and car sticker, doubt you would do a t shirt in my size!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: