New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  13:48:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Harry was a year old in august this year. He is currently weighing 83g and feeding every 5-7 days on 2/3 fuzzies. He's in a 9L RUB, warm end temps range 28-30 cool end around 24. All probes present and correct and the mat is stated.

In June I moved harry into a 2ft viv (plenty of hides, foliage etc) and he seemed happy, he took 2 feeds and then started refusing only taking a feed every 2-3 weeks and then taking 2 or 3 feeds consecutively. I started keeping a record of his weight which had stayed stable. His last fast lasted 4 half weeks during which he had a shed.

Following his fast he weighed 70g (1st Oct) I have moved him back into the RUB as felt this could have been causing him not to feed and he's taken 3 feeds since and his weight is now 83g.

He is big enough to take a small mouse however he just refuses preferring his fuzzies. Just wanted to check if there was anything else i should be doing.

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  14:24:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If he is still gaining weight and growing then its fine, he will eventually take the small mouse, it may be the extra fur putting him off (pure speculation of course). Do you tease feed or just leave it in, it may need leaving overnight for him to weigh up the options realise its food etc.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  16:28:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he won't take any prey if teased or wiggled in front of him, i have to just place it inside the RUB on kitchen roll, i was trying to feed him in a separate rub however he didn't take, so figured it would be less stressful for him in his own house and that is where he's taken the last 3 feeds. I'm trying to feed him hairy fuzzies to get him used to the fur - hopefully like you say he'll take the small mouse soon, lilly who was a year in sept has just had her 3rd small mouse and is doing great - she was smaller than harry but has really taken over now in size

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000