Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  12:15:14  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage
I dont mean to flame them too much but a few things that are really annoying me atm.

1. shayde come from there and he didn't live very long. he was very expensive and seemed to have a problem the shop should have known about.

2. they have an amel marked as an anerythristic, anybody that knew anything about snakes would know...

3. there prices are rocket high, for instance they are selling a cali king for £140 and each crestie is £90 NOTE: these cresties do not look healthy and when i asked what they have been feeding them on the answer was babyfood!!!! ...

4. the baby leos were sleeping in a huge pile of there own poo last time i went in there. the thing is i shop in there reguarly as its the only shop open late around my area, and the staff seem to know me now and i don't wanna **** any of them off.. but im not going to be able to hold my tongue much longer. the "reptile" expert in there also has no reptiles himself he only has spiders. I applied for a position a while back stating i have reptile experience but never heard anything back from it..

It just seems to be going downhill and poorly managed.

Mod edit: Sadly not allowed to drop names publicly :( I wish we could... people can feel free to PM, you or message you asking for the name though.

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Leopard gecko (Meg)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons
Wish list - Chinese water dragon, Tegu! Rainbow boa!

R.I.P Shayde

Edited by - Sta~ple on 29/05/2012 19:42:59

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  12:37:36  Show Profile
This shop sounds like it needs to be closed down asap!!

Tasha
______
4.0.0 - Corns - Hypo-Lavender (Lucifer), Bubblegum Snow (Houdini), Striped Carolina (Sarafino) and Black Cat (Ralphie)
0.2.0 - Corns - Anertheristic (Valentina), Lavender (Aiyana), Lavender (Di-nixi)
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  12:42:04  Show Profile
No excuse for illness and lack of hygiene, but all physical shops will be more expensive than breeders or rehoming people.
A lot of the time, people will pay those prices as they just dont think of going anywhere other than a shop! The shop itself has to pay for rent, stock, upkeep etc... so naturally prices on everything will be higher
Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  13:07:57  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Figs

No excuse for illness and lack of hygiene, but all physical shops will be more expensive than breeders or rehoming people.
A lot of the time, people will pay those prices as they just dont think of going anywhere other than a shop! The shop itself has to pay for rent, stock, upkeep etc... so naturally prices on everything will be higher

yeah i guess figs but still. the other pet shop a good few miles away isn't as mainstream as seapets but prices are much better! so i don't get there pricing system :/

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page

cobweb251
Hatchling

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  13:21:49  Show Profile
sounds like they could do with staff that have a little but of knowledge

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  13:30:29  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage
hmmm. Im about to buy vivs from them nxt month. hmmmm...

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  14:01:24  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

hmmm. Im about to buy vivs from them nxt month. hmmmm...

thing is mamma there vivs are the cheapest around!

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  14:13:48  Show Profile
Their vivs are a great price, and they arrive within days of ordering most of the time The shop in Martlesham is better, although the prices are very high for their reptiles. There's a newly built P@H just opened over the road from ours with hatchlings for £49 regardless of colour

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  14:32:35  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage
ok cool cheers guys. I shall continue with my quest to buy my vivs from them then! xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  15:14:38  Show Profile
They also have a carpet python that hasn not fed for months and months, but are still selling him at 125.

When I asked if I could look at one of the king snakes he said no, because he was worried it would bite him and he would only get it out if we were going to buy it.

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  16:18:05  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Hissyfit

There's a newly built P@H just opened over the road from ours with hatchlings for £49 regardless of colour

and species if it's the same as the P@h near me, all their snakes are £49

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

a2c7
Hatchling

United Kingdom
320 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  19:23:47  Show Profile
Agreed - worth checking your local P@H for snakey morph bargains. Ours has pretty knowledgeable reptile staff and all looks ok from the outside, but it'll always be like a supermarket compared to a local deli in terms of quality.

Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  21:54:30  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage
our P@h staff are all stuck up imo lol and haven't seen anyone in there that knows anything about reps. may have gone in on the wrong days.. i have my place to buy reps near me called betta aquatics which is much better! :) im just annoyed at the shop atm.. does anyone know why the name of the shop is now in ****? people were flaming another shop without its name being blanked out...

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  21:59:42  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage
oh dw i just read the mod edit.. lol. fair enough even tho the other shop was named :/

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  22:00:23  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Georgina

They also have a carpet python that hasn not fed for months and months, but are still selling him at 125.

When I asked if I could look at one of the king snakes he said no, because he was worried it would bite him and he would only get it out if we were going to buy it.

yeah and there royals with full negative feeding records.. its like they are not even trying!

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  22:28:44  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by darrkang3l

oh dw i just read the mod edit.. lol. fair enough even tho the other shop was named :/

An the other thread was locked/deleted...

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  22:56:56  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address
quote:

Mods didn't see it also until several posts later in and the shop owner replied :/ we were slow but it is hard to keep up with this place and life sometimes :)

At the end of the day, yourself and others are still spending money there even if things aren't up to scratch and are at silly pounds, so it can't be all that bad or people don't care enough to change where they shop. People either have the option of carrying on spending money at the shop or not going there anymore, telling the shop what they are doing wrong and if things are dire, contacting the council. There's a raved about shop at my home town, praised on rfuk, on facebook and with the locals. I went in a few times to browse and buy food. Was not impressed, disgusted by my last vist (flies everywhere, fully grown burm shoved in a 3ft viv somehow, food was covered in faeces and they diddled me on the amount!) so never went there again. They are sadly still in business as they sell reps cheaper than any reptile shop I have ever seen.

Also many people apply for jobs everywhere and never hear anything back, its the way the job market is now. It's nothing personal, just people forget or are too busy. If people also cared about the morph of the snake, they would look up before hand, yes mislabelling is wrong but some people are not great or are new to the world of morphs or, they labelled them with how they came or were labelled from the breeder.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  23:14:26  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:

Mods didn't see it also until several posts later in and the shop owner replied :/ we were slow but it is hard to keep up with this place and life sometimes :)

At the end of the day, yourself and others are still spending money there even if things aren't up to scratch and are at silly pounds, so it can't be all that bad or people don't care enough to change where they shop. People either have the option of carrying on spending money at the shop or not going there anymore, telling the shop what they are doing wrong and if things are dire, contacting the council. There's a raved about shop at my home town, praised on rfuk, on facebook and with the locals. I went in a few times to browse and buy food. Was not impressed, disgusted by my last vist (flies everywhere, fully grown burm shoved in a 3ft viv somehow, food was covered in faeces and they diddled me on the amount!) so never went there again. They are sadly still in business as they sell reps cheaper than any reptile shop I have ever seen.

Also many people apply for jobs everywhere and never hear anything back, its the way the job market is now. It's nothing personal, just people forget or are too busy. If people also cared about the morph of the snake, they would look up before hand, yes mislabelling is wrong but some people are not great or are new to the world of morphs or, they labelled them with how they came or were labelled from the breeder.

fair enough staple, although i would love to not spend money there but when its the only shop open at the times i can go and i need to get mouseys/bugs ect.. that makes it hard. and they were advertising the job for ages. It just angers me that people are hired to carry out jobs like looking after live animals and they have no idea how to do it and get away with it. I did mention the name and the mess to one member of staff but nothing got changed. I asked to speak to the manager at some other point but the guy i asked was skeptical and was like hes not in and i dunno when he will be. so there is not much more i can do.

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  23:22:44  Show Profile
pah is open til 8 aswel, and swallows is open til 8 on a thurs xx

Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  23:29:56  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Georgina

pah is open til 8 aswel, and swallows is open til 8 on a thurs xx

do P@h even sell mice? swallow is a long way to go for a quick food trip. about the same as me going to betta.

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  23:31:55  Show Profile
they sell mice and rats :)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000