bloodred or not
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  01:26:30  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What morph is my sampson. I was sold him as a bloodred het cinder and hypo. However a few people have told me hes not a bloodred coz he hasnt got the diffused belly markers. However hes got the grey head of a diffused. I got him off doogle aswell as scarlet who is a definate bloodred.

Heres some pics.

And heres scarlet.

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  07:25:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check Ians Viv to see what a Bloodred looks like- Bloods are so called because they are a select few of the diffused gene who have patterns which merge and create a crimson looking, near single colour snakie. I'd say yours are diffused, but not Bloodred. I doubt I'll be allowed to put the link or the pics here but look at Bloodred and Diffused and you'll see the difference. I'm not even sure Scarlet would be considered a Bloodred, but they look pretty young so their patterning and colour may change in time.

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  09:58:14  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think scarlett does look like a diffused although i would pull short of calling her bloodred until she has her full adult colours. Sampson doesn't seem to have much diffusion on his sides so I'm really not sure. His head markings could be that of the masque morph that eeji was on about in another thread.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  11:42:07  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ive just spoken to doogle and he tells me that sampson is a miami bloodred which is rare at the moment. What is everyones thoughts on that.

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  13:52:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting - so he's crossed a bloodred with a miami... but surely a bloodred is a bloodred, so your snake would be a diffused miami, not a bloodred??

Just my opinion ;)

Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  14:28:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, genetically this would be a diffused normal, but however he does look kinda miami-like whcih is cool, however I'm failing to see how "bloodred" could be put into the name, just because he isn't very... Red... And bloodred is a selectively bred morph for diffused which are, as the name is a giveaway.. Blood-red in colour.

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  14:58:35  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/ghost_bloodred/?sid=

Runs...

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Edited by - Dancross0 on 07/06/2012 14:59:06
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  15:13:47  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

Interesting - so he's crossed a bloodred with a miami... but surely a bloodred is a bloodred, so your snake would be a diffused miami, not a bloodred??

Just my opinion ;)

Yeah i agree. So basically ive got a diffused miami and a bloodred. Well ill just have to see what comes out when they breed

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  15:15:17  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dancross0

http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/ghost_bloodred/?sid=

Runs...

I had a look at this and thats a ghost bloodred

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

cobweb251
Hatchling

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  15:23:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i want sampson :(

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  15:44:09  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Lol he is lovely theres no denying that.

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  16:16:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is a diffused.....

and this is a bloodred...
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  17:27:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He does have a Miami look about it, but very very little lateral diffusion that I can see, although the clear belly is part of being diffused. Odd.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  20:24:10  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
'diffused' and 'bloodred' tend to be used interchangeably due to the backwards way they came about. Instead of a base morph being discovered (eg. amel) then being selectively bred to create a certain look (eg. sunglow), Bloodred came before diffused. Confused yet?

The original bloodred corns were a deep dark red with very little pattern and lots of line breeding was done (as is the same with any new morph) which as well as keeping the look gave lots of problems with feeding. When people started to widen the gene pool by outcrossing to non bloodred lines the dark deep colouring started getting watered down leaving 'just' the missing side and ventral pattern and the skull head pattern. These were initially labelled as 'Outcrossed bloodred' and eventually the term 'diffused' started to come into use for these animals with the outcrossed look.

anyways, enough rambling. If its from Jamie then it is what it says it is, he's not the kind of person that wouldn't know (or lie about) what is being sold. (even if bloodred can be substituted by diffused)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  20:52:42  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

'diffused' and 'bloodred' tend to be used interchangeably due to the backwards way they came about. Instead of a base morph being discovered (eg. amel) then being selectively bred to create a certain look (eg. sunglow), Bloodred came before diffused. Confused yet?

The original bloodred corns were a deep dark red with very little pattern and lots of line breeding was done (as is the same with any new morph) which as well as keeping the look gave lots of problems with feeding. When people started to widen the gene pool by outcrossing to non bloodred lines the dark deep colouring started getting watered down leaving 'just' the missing side and ventral pattern and the skull head pattern. These were initially labelled as 'Outcrossed bloodred' and eventually the term 'diffused' started to come into use for these animals with the outcrossed look.

anyways, enough rambling. If its from Jamie then it is what it says it is, he's not the kind of person that wouldn't know (or lie about) what is being sold. (even if bloodred can be substituted by diffused)

Ok thanks for that history lesson lol. Ok well i will wait and see how he grows up in that case.

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

Doogle
Yearling

United Kingdom
617 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  19:23:21  Show Profile  Visit Doogle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Marc,

I have only just noticed this thread!

Let me start bey saying he is still a stunner!

Right where do i start! This snake is 100% Bloodred/Diffused as i said on the phone!

Bloodred/difussed are classed as the same thing these days! A red Corn! LOL

The Parents were both bloodred/diffused het Hypo Cinder! (All clutch were 100% Bloodreds)

These snakes were bred from the Cinder line that Carol produced in the USA and where the link to the miami line has came from in these!

This little guy you have is in my eyes a Miami Bloodred and a stunner too! Was a hold back of mine for ages! Looking at him now and i wish i kept him for sure!

People now are only just hatching Miami Blooods in the Usa!

Anyway no more rambling like Ian! Cheers Mate But as he said! I wouldnt sell it as a Blood if i didnt think it was!

P.s As i said on phone! He is always welcome to come home!

Go to Top of Page

Doogle
Yearling

United Kingdom
617 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  19:34:37  Show Profile  Visit Doogle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok Just had to dig out some old pics to prove both parents are bloodreds and to show you the line!

Pics of them as yearlings!

Dad

Mum

Hope this helps to confirm mate!

I know you worry that they are not 100% bloods as these are no diffusion on his sides but thats the miami!

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  11:27:29  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok thanks jamie. I did put that up before i texted you. I just asked about the miami bloodred coz i had never heard of them. I dont want you to think i was calling u a liar obviously you know ur morphs than me and you breed the adults. I do appreciate the pics thou thank you

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000