New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Doobielou
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2014 :  10:00:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi can anyone help my 3 year old corn snake has died I woke up this morning and she laying upside down with mouth open. The last two months she been funny eating but last ate 3 wks ago just after a shed x I cleaned her out 2 days ago and my boy had a nice little cuddle when I put her back I noticed she was laying next to her water bowl she normals sleep next to heat mat other end of viv x last night she kept opening her mouth but I thought she was stretching as she dose but this morning she dead and she bloated to but not sure if this is due to bring dead can anyone help as I need to explain to my ten year old boy his snake is dead and need to tell him why x

L Mcgowan - olyott

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2014 :  11:29:46  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear of your loss. I think the only way to know for sure is to take your snake to a vet and get a post mortem done.

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

Doobielou
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2014 :  15:49:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you x

L Mcgowan - olyott
Go to Top of Page

Bertie
Egg

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2014 :  20:34:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear this :o( x

0.1.0 CB 2013 Carolina c[URL=http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/bertie_beemer/media/7c0543bd-67a1-4dd6-8f7f-d9a22eb143b0_zps7ad92e8d.jpg.html][/URL]orn (Stanlee)
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2014 :  09:42:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Louise, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's very hard for us to work out why your snake died. How long have you had her? The fact that she's been funny about her eating may indicate that there was an issue. Did she lose weight over this time? Obviously you don't know what time she died but I'm wondering if the bloating is an indication of food that wasn't digested properly and that rotted inside her. Did she poo after her last feed? What was she being fed on and how often?

I know you say that she would normally lies next to the heatmat. Was it controlled by a thermostat and monitored by a digital thermometer? What was the temperature in the warm end? Did she ever use the hide on the heatmat?

As Donnie has said, you'll only get definite answers by talking to a vet and maybe getting a postmortem done. Unfortunately there are times when a snake's death is unexplainable. Nature can be cruel like that .

I know it's going to be very hard on your little lad, as well as you. I hope you've got family and friends to support you and who realise that she wasn't 'just a snake'.

Xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000