New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wheels
Hatchling

103 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  11:04:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, I know I'm worrying unnecessarily - but that's my job

Wheels ate his small mouse on Sunday as usual, I got him out yesterday, as usual (adding to his genius, he just sits and waits for me to get him out so he can work it out and poo on me; I'm used to it now and more ready than I was to react at the right time ) but he produced no poo. This has happened before, but generally he goes quite quickly after I have forced him to take some exercise......so far, though, nothing.

The food item was no larger than normal, temps are good, nothing has changed that I can see. I couldn't spot that tell-tale dark spot on his belly yesterday, and I bravely dug all over his aspen but couldn't find one hidden anywhere.

He's getting a full viv clean at the weekend, so maybe he is just waiting to christen that.....

He seems fine in himself, but when do I get concerned that he isn't digesting last week's meal?

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  17:22:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As long as he's active and there isn't any sign of a bump then I wouldn't worry too much that he's having issues digesting his last meal Matthew. I know your set-up is right so there isn't any reason why that should happen.

I have a couple of snakes that seem to like 'burying' their poo so I only find it when I go digging . I have another who can go from one feed to the next without pooing and he's on large mice. The longest he's gone is 3 weeks I think.

You talk about the dark spot on his belly. Does he have a bulge near his vent? That's how I tell if mine need to poo.

I could tell you notti worry but know you will .

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

Wheels
Hatchling

103 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2014 :  15:38:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Judith, still no sign so I presume it is just in a so far unfurrowed part of the viv and I am just "lucky" to have missed it...although you can usually smell it too! Last week he put on 10g from a 15g mouse, maybe he is just using the whole 15g this week

He seems active enough and there is no sign of a bump, so I'll try not to worry (not holding out much hope but I will try!).

The dark spot is usually visible because he has such a clear belly, but I guess as he grows the skin is getting thicker and it is harder to see....and yes, there is usually a certain, er, pout to the area too

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2014 :  09:25:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It could be that as he's growing he's become less 'see-through' but more likely you'll find a small present when you go substrate diving .

If you haven't found anything by the time you weigh him next remember that he may weigh a bit more than expected, you'd be surprised at how many grams poo or even them drinking just before weighing can add.

Xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000