New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Justin
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2014 :  20:45:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I have jumped straight into this rather than an introduction as I am a little worried about my new corn snake, shes 6-7 years old and I inherited her last week, I tried feeding her as she was due a feed but she had travelled in a car a good hour and a halfs journey then lumped up two flights of steepish stairs in her viv. She took a nip at me last week so I decided to leave her, she seemed interested in mice but not enough to eat. She was active a few days ago but today Ive not seen her at all. I have a lamp on a timer the previous owner set up and Ive made no changes to her environment, Ive stopped trying to feed her as Ive been advised this may be causing stress. Shes now just hiding under a log, same place she was this morning, Im reticent to keep checking on her and disturbing her as I want to let her settle. No visual signs of anything wrong, concerned as shes been a timid pet as far as I know and now shes hiding, gone for me once and off her food. Ive left sock in her viv that I rubbed on my hands and arms to leave my scent with her, I was advised to place my hand in the viv with her from time to time but have decided to let her settle, just over a week since shes been with me but a tad concerned.

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2014 :  21:51:18  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum. How are you measuring the temperature in the viv and is the light only being controlled with a timer? Any heat source should be controlled with a thermostat and there are a few ways of checking the temps but a good cheap way is a digital thermometer for only a few pounds. If you can detail your whole setup it will make it easier for people to offer advice. Leaving alone is good and don't panic about it not being fed for a while, they can go a long time without eating.

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2014 :  09:56:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Justin. I've been chatting with you on our Facebook group about this. I echo what Donnie has said. Can you describe her set-up? The more info we have the more we can help.

Xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000