New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OloBurrows
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2015 :  16:28:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all, I posted this same question last year when Jory stopped eating properly. The response being that it was just that time of year when he's a bit randy and all was well in the end, he ate 2 or 3 times between mid December and March-ish and then went back to normal.

However! This year he hasn't eaten anything since December 16th and I'm starting to get concerned. I know they can go a while without eating but still! I've tried braining and that hasn't helped. His feeding routine or general routine hasn't changed, I take him out to play then put him in his feeding tank for ten minutes or so while the mouse is warming up. If he doesn't eat then it goes in his tank overnight then thrown out in the morning if it's still there. His activity in the tank is as it ever was and his weight still seems fine. I last weighed him 2 weeks ago and he was still heavier than at his last shed, at the end of november.

Any advice or reassurances would be greatly appreciated. Presumably he wouldn't just starve himself to death?

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2015 :  18:17:28  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
All I can suggest is to not play with him before trying to feed just to see if it makes a difference. But as you know, don't panic he is not loosing weight and he will eat eventually.

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

MaliskaRodgers
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2015 :  22:55:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would just keep an eye on his weight...and keep keeping an eye on it until he eventually does feed. If you are really worried you can get some energy boosting drinking water treatment such as Vetark Repto Boost,I cant think of the names of others just now (brain fog...gah) but Im sure someone else here will know.

Try different ways of heating the feed as well... Like dipping the head into hot water. If that doesnt work you can try using a hairdryer etc etc. Just patience/time/methods is what is needed Im afraid.

As long as hes his usual self, and you are happy with his weight loss progression then he wont starve himself to festh :) xx let us know how you get on :)

1.0.0 hypo Blitzen
1.0.0 diffused Vlad
0.0.1 anery motley Greyson

0.1.0 hogg island boa Miss Manson

0.0.1 g.pulchripes
0.0.1 b.vagans
0.0.1 b.smithi

* https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/ *
* https://www.facebook.com/groups/905466029483427/ *
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic