Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Leasha
Hatchling

Netherlands
246 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2015 :  09:26:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello people!
It's been a while. I hope you are all well!

I have this little wormy (pretty much 2 yrs now hah)
And I had a good look at him today and he came across as a bit inactive. He does look like he's going to shed this week so that might be it but usually he's in full hunting mode..

I observed him for about 10 minutes and it kind of looked like he did a tiny little cough twice... Is this anything I need to worry about?
I have heard my 4 year old corn do a sneezy cough once and it wasn't anything but the combination of being inactive and coughing is new to me..

Love,
Leasha :)

SilverWings
Yearling

United Kingdom
740 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2015 :  11:31:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You sure he's not shedding and grumpy and actually hissing at you? Scared me the first time I heard mine hiss, rather than a 'hissss' it's more like a 'huff'. Of course I'm not saying for certain he's not got an RI, are there other signs? http://www.anapsid.org/rti.html
If you are unsire, definitely take him to a vet for a checkup, better to know for sure than wonder until its too late.

2.2.3 Corn snakes; Red, Rosie, Liana, Checkers, Luna, Diego, Snowman
1.0 Taiwanese Beauty Snake; Aleron
1.0 Green Anoles; Doug
1.0 Greyhound; Lee
Go to Top of Page

Leasha
Hatchling

Netherlands
246 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2015 :  19:02:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it was a possible hiss.. I have heard my 3 yr old hiss at me before but it was a bit louder.. Maybe snake hisses are different from one and other haha... I could be the age difference aswell.. I looked at him again today and he seems fine. His eyes are kinda cloudy so he should be shedding soon!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000