Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  15:10:40  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

quote:
Originally posted by PunkAsF82

not to be annoying, but it would be really nice if the majority of the comps could include any reps. just to give those without snakies a chance to enjoy them as well!

But this is a specific Corn Snake site, I know Lewy is working on a more generic reptile umbrella forum though.

I did have the last one as any reps, and was thinking about having the next as any reps, but 1 thing is making me unsure of that.

The amount of entries we will have needs a huge amount of coding for the voting, so if the compo is announced all over to give everyone time, then the voting will not be as nice.

I can foresee problems, and am actually thinking of it being just corns.

We probably wont have a 'phib one on the dampside, Bluetonguedan would win it all the time.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  16:09:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another question - would the comp only accept straight photos or those obviously 'photoshopped' as well? (although I know its sometimes hard to tell the differrence!)

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  16:14:27  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Another question - would the comp only accept straight photos or those obviously 'photoshopped' as well? (although I know its sometimes hard to tell the differrence!)

Depends how 'shopped imo, simply adding a caption or making the photo brighter is cool.
Making a fake picture etc not cool.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  22:20:55  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
wot about havin a mixed rep comp and just a corn comp?? 1 @ the beggining of the month 1 @ the end?? and maybe different themes each month and get forum members to give ideas on the themes and whoever running the comp chooses the best idea???

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  23:19:29  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the monthly competition we run on IV has set dates, eg. opens for entries on the 1st, closes on the 21st when voting opens, then theres a week to vote until the 28th which leaves a few days to contact the winner and gives them time to choose the theme for the following month.
It has worked very successfully like this, except when I forget to close the vote because I've got the memory of a goldfish!

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  00:33:57  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's what I was intending on doing Eeji, but poor memory makes me totally forget to even start the compo again.
I SO need people to remind me about these things.

Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  00:42:42  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
great idea eeji just became a member of IV did'nt realise it had a forum! :)

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  13:00:53  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

That's what I was intending on doing Eeji, but poor memory makes me totally forget to even start the compo again.
I SO need people to remind me about these things.

we need an atomic powered alarm clock!

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  13:09:09  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Atomic powered still probably wouldn't work.
However I think the female swedish volleyball team would be most affective, so feel free to send them round to errrr 'remind' me.

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  13:40:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Atomic powered still probably wouldn't work.
However I think the female swedish volleyball team would be most affective, so feel free to send them round to errrr 'remind' me.

But then you'd become to engrossed in them and them thus forget why theyr'e there to see you and then forget what you WERE SUPPOSED to do in the first place.

Your'e a numpty.
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  20:43:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
would the compo be on here or the reptilian, i like the idea of having the theme unsual places

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  21:04:43  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The compo would be on the reptilian, this thread originally got started nearly a year ago.
Then I just keep chuffing forgetting about the compo (old age)

Go to Top of Page

Thante
Hatchling

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  00:13:49  Show Profile  Visit Thante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i don't really know anyone here that well as i have only just joined, but are there other things we could have compo with as well as pictures.
Like is anyone else here arty, there could me be a compo for best artwork, painting or sketch. Or if there are any paints that are safe for reptiles Put them down on a sheet of paper with paint and see what they can make haha (ok slightly daft idea there)

or if you wanted to stick to photos have a theme each month like snakes and shoes, Corns in cars ... ok again daft suggestions of themes but you get the idea

0.1.0 Cherry - 09 Normal
1.0.0 Tequila - 09 Caramel Motley
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  18:27:22  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Snakes and shoes sounds good.

I like the idea of the art one as well but that could take a lot of busy peoples times so many a longer deadline would be needed for that.

I've got some idea! How about like the owner dresses up or kinda wears something coloured themed or something to look like a reptile and they take a photo with that reptile. So basically, your trying to make yourself look like your reptile.

Or the owner gets naked and takes a picture with a reptile?

Since it's summer maybe a summer theme somehow? That might be quite interesting.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Thante
Hatchling

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  22:53:03  Show Profile  Visit Thante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
haha i do body art as a hobby so the dressing yu like your snake would go well with the naked given a few hours painting haha could even go as far as geting people to dress there snakes up as owners.

summer snakes is cool, get alot of out door things going on. The'll be a lot of happy reptiles around getting to explore outside more. Maby with flowers and fruit.

Who can start the competitions? does one person tend to do it. ... and what about prizes, hadn't even thought about that

0.1.0 Cherry - 09 Normal
1.0.0 Tequila - 09 Caramel Motley
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  00:21:01  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I tend to run the compos, When I remember.
I have a terrible memory and forgot to start it last month, hence why we ended up without one this month.
I've set reminders to start the next one on time though for next month.

As it stands in regards prizes, we do have them occasionally, they could be something as simple as a sticker (custom designed by the winner), or a book of some kind.
I'd like to sort out more regular prizes, but there are a lot of constraints at the moment.

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  19:22:43  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
meh who needs prizes, bragging rights is good enough a prize! :D

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  20:39:18  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
On other forums when there's like competition/awards some amazing graphic artist normally makes the winner like a little banner or graphic that they out in their signature.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  13:02:21  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can be sorted- Lewy is a graphic designer with a Fine Art degree

Go to Top of Page

bubba338
Egg

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  11:52:32  Show Profile  Visit bubba338's Homepage  Click to see bubba338's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Im very new to this site (hello) is there a competetion running atm or is it working progress? thanks sarah xx

1x ghost corn Mojo
1x amel corn Marshall
1x boxer dog Mitsy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000