New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2010 :  18:09:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my corn snake (him) as defficated on my twice is that normal??
she has to.

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python
1.0.0 Tri-coloured honduran - Feta (R.I.P. my love!!!You will never be forgoten!)

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2010 :  18:11:06  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
heheheeeeee! :D

when a snakes gotta go, a snakes gotta go! :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2010 :  18:17:20  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine poo as soon as I clean there tank or while cleaning them out I put them on my bed and they poo on that.

They also like to poo on any boyfriends I bring over :/

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Stumpy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
418 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2010 :  18:19:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you handle them they become active.
Activity makes them go.
I always have some tissue ready and sometimes handle them so I can get them to go on the tissue, saves cleaning the cage.

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2010 :  18:26:27  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol... so unlucky haha...max always poo's on me.... i always have tissue with me i dont/prob never will trust him... n its not good as he is gettin bigger :/...:)

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  04:45:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is totally normal and you soon get used to seeing the signs that it is going to happen....so can be prepared with kitchen roll ready to 'catch'! You also can work out what their 'pooing schedule' is....a certain number of days after they feed etc.

I actually prefer mine to do it outside of their vivs, then I dont have to go digging in the substrate and find their little 'gifts' !

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  21:28:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahahahahaha me to i also prefer it! i just wandered if it was normal for my snakeis were going on me !

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python
1.0.0 Tri-coloured honduran - Feta (R.I.P. my love!!!You will never be forgoten!)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2010 :  14:59:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snickers would seem to hold it until she got into my shirt or around my neck and then she'd let go. (eeewwww!) As far as that being normal, who knows...Maybe it's the comfort zone of the snake.
quote:
Originally posted by Fernando Pierre

my corn snake (him) as defficated on my twice is that normal??
she has to.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2010 :  15:01:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always wore gloves when I was messing around her substrate within the first couple or three days after she had eaten. Once I knew she'd done her dump, I didn't wear the gloves again until the next waiting period.
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

It is totally normal and you soon get used to seeing the signs that it is going to happen....so can be prepared with kitchen roll ready to 'catch'! You also can work out what their 'pooing schedule' is....a certain number of days after they feed etc.

I actually prefer mine to do it outside of their vivs, then I dont have to go digging in the substrate and find their little 'gifts' !

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2010 :  04:17:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Silvesta caught me out yesterday! He had pooed in his viv overnight and then when I handled him in the morning I was prepared and ready to catch his 'offering'. Being overconfident and thinking that he had pooed twice in one day (having only eaten one mouse rather than two when he fed, as he is going horny), I wasnt really paying attention to his rear end when I handled him in the evening . Had my legs crossed, sitting on the sofa....and he did a lovely job of smearing my tracksuit bottoms and the sofa between my legs !! OH was !!!!

I have definitely learnt my lesson....I can never be sure when they are going to surprise me !

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2010 :  17:32:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha my snake is the same godzchild

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2010 :  19:01:06  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ew they sound like pretty horrific stories to me... Guess I'm lucky that the big ones have never pooped on me.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Janos
Hatchling

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  09:13:48  Show Profile  Click to see Janos's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Keep an eye on their rear end really, you can see a small bulge around their vent when they're due to poo soon, and I tend not to handle Astra or Harley much unless there isn't a bulge.

Thanks to this, I've only been crapped on once, and that was in my first week of owning Astra, my first snake.

1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Ozzy
0.1.0 Anerythristic Corn Snake - Astra
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Zilly
0.0.1. - Sinaloan's Milksnake, Harley

Go to Top of Page

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  19:20:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha i will watch out for the buldge!
thnks

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000