A problem with milo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2010 :  21:55:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Earlier i was changing milos water and i left his viv open for a secondwhen i came back he was no where in sight which is normal so i checked all his hides and vines and he wasnt there i took everything out thinking he had escaped and still couldnt find him so i started rumaging through the substrate and eventualy found him i put him in a tupper ware tub and replaced everything milo is now traumatised by the expeirence he has been jerking away from me and trying to bite is it be temporary or will he always be scared of me?

0.0.1 Carolina Corn (Milo)
1.1.0 Staffys (Harley&Penny)

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2010 :  22:00:39  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He just got a little scared and now he is a bit stressed out. Don't worry! Spaghettino did that after i stressed him out once and now he is perfectly fine! You just have to be very careful and gentle for now. And he is not gonna bite you. He is just trying to scare you off. If you approach him veeeeeery slowly, you'll see that he won't attack you or anything! He is just bluffing..!
Hope i helped,
Electra

Edited by - mozacchio on 22/03/2010 22:01:20
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2010 :  22:23:59  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Leave him for a few days to settle down, he will be fine. As for moving slowly, make sure its slowly and deliberate to. Just put your hand in and pick him up.
I had an iccident with one of my snakes involving masking tape. a bath and lots of stress. She was fine after I left her a few days.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2010 :  23:00:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys I guess I'm just overreacting

0.0.1 Carolina Corn (Milo)
1.1.0 Staffys (Harley&Penny)
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  05:24:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JK149

Thanks guys I guess I'm just overreacting

Dont worry James, of course you are not over-reacting. You are just a worried snake owner trying to understand why his snake has changed in behaviour and what best to do about it. That is perfectly natural for all us snake parents!

The advice you have been given is right, especially about leaving Milo for a few days to recover and then just start handling him as you did in the beginning....slow, steady and confidently. Dont react if he jerks away from you or tries to bite you (although I know that is a lot easier typed than done). Just remain calm and continue to handle him gently. He will soon settle back down to 'your Milo' .

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  19:26:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, that was lucky. I bet you won't ever leave the door open again! I've noticed Saracen has got much quicker at heading of the gap when I open his door - he knows that way lies freedom!

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000