New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

amanda121921
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  22:29:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well, kasey has been eating again for a few weeks now and im sooo relieved. have now decided kasey is a he rather than a she as he's super active all the time and has taken to wrecking his viv every night by diggin tunnels all over the place-i figure he must be horney hence the activity and non-eating period. anyway, now my problem is he refuses to eat anything but pinkies.he was on 2 fuzzies before he stopped eating but wont even touch half of one now. he's also become shy and wont eat in his feeding box. any ideas on how to make fuzzies more appetising?i've tried warming, braining and tuna juice (read somewhere this can help) but no joy so far

kaseysquidward

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2010 :  05:45:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am not sure exactly how you get him back onto fuzzies Amanda, have you checked out this link to see if you can encourage him to eat them - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1070.

I am no expert, but at least he is eating and maybe it will just be a case of giving him time and persisting?

xxx

Go to Top of Page

amanda121921
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2010 :  12:26:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks kellog but we've finally had success and he munched down a rather hairy fuzzy last night.he took his sweet time but it eventually went down then he just sat there for 20 mins looking rather full!! his viv is nice and tidy this morning too so he must be finally satisfied-lets hope he keeps it up!! xx

kaseysquidward
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  06:02:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am so glad to hear that he has eaten a fuzzy....even if he took his time about it. I am not surprised about that, it will take him a while to readjust to eating something bigger than he was (even though he was on them before).

Thanks so much for letting us know.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000