Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2018 :  09:10:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I knew this would happen...

To all of you who bred your pet snakes ( not a seasoned breeders ) and found it hard to part with the hatchies:

How did you manage? I have 4 hatchlings left - all of them kept for good reason, of course l sold the first 2 to a very good shop, and that was hard. The next 3 were even harder, and l still regret selling n.6 ( Chequers - yes, l made the mistake of giving them names - or rather, they all developed names with time, LOL )

Now, on the last 4, l can't decide who to part with next. I have Bunny - kept her as she's a classic corn ( strangely, l don't have a classic- Twiddie is an Okeetee, and Baz has unusual caramel like colour ) - not Okeetee but very bright with a Bunny rabbit on her head ( and was the very first to hatch :-) )

Next is n.3 - LGBT ( this stands for Little Git Bitey Thing and not the original LGBT #127987;#65039;#8205;#127752;) who has unusually reduced markings, but with lots of black on belly, and is also developing stunning colour ( but bites at any excuse ) .

Then n4 Tabitha ( pretty sure that one is a female - the only one l can tell ) who has really strong Okeetee saddle borders ( as the only one from my remaining 4 ) but strangely not much orange,

And lastly n.9 - Lalaleeshek ( erm... my little niece named him/her ). He is the ugliest, but sweetest and the most curious and active of all of them. He has some funky markings - 3 joined arrow shaped saddles, and a heart shaped marking near tail ( but almost no borders to saddles - how? ) and is very dark ( which l don't like ). I'm quite attached to him, as l thought he'd not hatch. He was days behind the others, l cut his egg but it resealed itself. Then, 2 days later, he made his own cuts, and hatched the day after.

He wouldn't eat for the first month, unless l literally hand fed him, and he had to be held as he ate, but is the best eater now and the first of them to do a full constrict! He'd make the best pet, as h'e's so nosey...

Obviously, l can't keep all 4 ( not when they are adults )

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2018 :  09:13:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erm... what are all those hashtags after LGBT? I put in a little flag...?

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2018 :  09:14:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Razee

I knew this would happen...

To all of you who bred your pet snakes ( not a seasoned breeders ) and found it hard to part with the hatchies:

How did you manage? I have 4 hatchlings left - all of them kept for good reason, of course l sold the first 2 to a very good shop, and that was hard. The next 3 were even harder, and l still regret selling n.6 ( Chequers - yes, l made the mistake of giving them names - or rather, they all developed names with time, LOL )

Now, on the last 4, l can't decide who to part with next. I have Bunny - kept her as she's a classic corn ( strangely, l don't have a classic- Twiddie is an Okeetee, and Baz has unusual caramel like colour ) - not Okeetee but very bright with a Bunny rabbit on her head ( and was the very first to hatch :-) )

Next is n.3 - LGBT ( this stands for Little Git Bitey Thing and not the original LGBT ) who has unusually reduced markings, but with lots of black on belly, and is also developing stunning colour ( but bites at any excuse ) .

Then n4 Tabitha ( pretty sure that one is a female - the only one l can tell ) who has really strong Okeetee saddle borders ( as the only one from my remaining 4 ) but strangely not much orange,

And lastly n.9 - Lalaleeshek ( erm... my little niece named him/her ). He is the ugliest, but sweetest and the most curious and active of all of them. He has some funky markings - 3 joined arrow shaped saddles, and a heart shaped marking near tail ( but almost no borders to saddles - how? ) and is very dark ( which l don't like ). I'm quite attached to him, as l thought he'd not hatch. He was days behind the others, l cut his egg but it resealed itself. Then, 2 days later, he made his own cuts, and hatched the day after.

He wouldn't eat for the first month, unless l literally hand fed him, and he had to be held as he ate, but is the best eater now and the first of them to do a full constrict! He'd make the best pet, as h'e's so nosey...

Obviously, l can't keep all 4 ( not when they are adults )

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2018 :  14:02:28  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It was very hard! But I kind of found it a relief as having 19 of them kept me very busy!
I did have my favourites although managed not to name them

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly