Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2010 :  19:22:13  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Who's been posting from my account again!!!!!

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2010 :  19:28:39  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hahaha, you really do tickle me sometimes! You are the coolest loser I ever did know-ish! :P
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2010 :  17:35:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am getting a viv anyone advise a good place to get one ? plezz
Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2010 :  18:12:58  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey jimbo! i think you might get more responce if you ask that question in "general keeping information"

Sul

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)
0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Heidi
1.1 Kings - Pete (Florida) + Mamba (Cali Stripe)
1.2 Ball Pythons (Pastel + Bumblebee + Normal)

Go to Top of Page

jonoandapril
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  12:22:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if any animal is known to eat there kind y risk it when all you have to do is spend a 10£ to get a viv for it?!! i would never house my snakes 2gether cuz you just never no .

1x amel corn (tango)
1x carolina corn (pepsi)
1x carpet python (butch)
1x normal royal (rachel)
1x bumblebee royal
wishlist: abbotts okeetee female, crawl cay boa, emerald tree boa
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  19:47:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jonoandapril

if any animal is known to eat there kind y risk it when all you have to do is spend a 10£ to get a viv for it?!! i would never house my snakes 2gether cuz you just never no .

10£?? Ya wouldn't get a lunchbox for that haha

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2011 :  22:36:08  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
@ jimbo have a look at the links section in the forum. failing that blue lizard reptiles.co.uk and GECKOZONE.co.uk have proved cheap and reliable for me! or even ebay!!!

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page

jonoandapril
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  16:09:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we spent £15 sorry on a viv for my baby corn so y shed wana wake up with one n the others tail hanging out ill never now!

1x amel corn (tango)
1x carolina corn (pepsi)
1x carpet python (butch)
1x normal royal (rachel)
1x bumblebee royal
wishlist: abbotts okeetee female, crawl cay boa, emerald tree boa
Go to Top of Page

Cornflake1
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  19:53:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
* MOD edit, this is a pointless post if you are going to post can you please make it constructive or at least relevant

Bethany Carruthers
5 years experiance
2 cornsnakes - still own
1 rainbow boa- has been sold

Edited by - gmac on 08/01/2011 20:10:50
Go to Top of Page

Gemsyork
Hatchling

United Kingdom
461 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  22:59:19  Show Profile  Send Gemsyork a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have just been reading this thread and thought I would share my views on it, I have recently bought 2 new stunning snakes (thank Ali) and I didn't want to put them together being opposite sex or in with mine for obvious reasons (just to be on the safe side) so I had to move my adult female amel in with my snow its only till Tuesday when we get the new 5 foot vivs but they seem happy they were fed last night and have both taken their food.

I was told that having more than 1 corn in a viv can cause stress and one of the first signs of stress is going off their food so try them together and if they go off their food put them back into their own vivs. I have only done it for a short amount of time and I don't think I would do it on a permanent basis but thats just my choice and I would never put a shatchie snake in with an adult as I was once advised to do by a petshop

Corns, burms, king, KSBS, Rosy boas, Common boa, Leos, hamster, mice and rats
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2011 :  22:06:33  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This is Chalkie:

This is Trio:

They have both been in the same unit for some months without problems

Don't they look cute together:

Oh, what's this:

In the first pic, Trio has Chalkies body in his mouth.
In the second pic he has her head in his mouth.

Now most people should know that snakes will walk their food in their mouths until the get to the head, these are ADULT snakes, Chalkie is bigger than Trio.

It can happen anytime to any snakes.
These photos were taken only a few hours ago!

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 18/01/2011 22:11:46
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2011 :  09:48:43  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised Trio tried to take on Chalkie. I thought Chalkie was a monster King?

Hope you seperated them alright? Chalkie's not hurt is she?

Good example of why snakes (naturally cannabalistic kings especially) should be housed seperately.

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2011 :  09:56:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG! Those pics are scary!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

288 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2011 :  10:53:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At around 9-10 yrs old my 2 corns get very stressed when removed from each others company when being fed outside their viv. As far as i'm aware they have been together all their lives. When back together they spend most of their non-active times curled up together - and its hysterical seeing them climbing the decoration in their viv at same time, its like follow the leader
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2011 :  18:34:25  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Prfft I say a second round is needed for Chalkie XD

Um I know this is a bit off topic but is Trio biting himself in the first picture of him?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2011 :  18:40:42  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Um I know this is a bit off topic but is Trio biting himself in the first picture of him?

Congrats and 100 points to you for noticing!!

Yes he is, he's done it in the past as well, hence why his scales on his tail are part melted, a combination of unguarded lamp and digestive juices does damage to a tail.
So even NOT cohabiting has a risk with that snake.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2011 :  12:17:45  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
cant bear to look,were you trying to see if they would pair up?

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2011 :  22:15:18  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Congrats and 100 points to you for noticing!!

Yes he is, he's done it in the past as well, hence why his scales on his tail are part melted, a combination of unguarded lamp and digestive juices does damage to a tail.
So even NOT cohabiting has a risk with that snake.

500 equal muffin?

AS I have very much found out, the results of co-hab don't end when you spilt them up, they re-appear in over a years time :/

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

19 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2011 :  01:21:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all need some advise on co-habbiting i have a cornsnake (twiglet) yet to be sexed but we will go with he. he hatched 23/7/10 and we are thinking about getting him a room m8 the corn we are looking at is a snow corn and hatched 26/7/10 (only 3 days apart) now before i comited to anything i would like your advise. ttwiglet is going to the snake shop on monday to be measured weighed and sexed and obviosly we will find thee closest match to his size etc, they will be feed seperatly and outside the fawnariam they both feed on a saturday (witch makes things eayser) now obviosly the last thing i wont to do is put either snake in harms way. the lady at my loacal shop houses lots of corns together in one fawn she has at least 12 mixed corns. i have seen pics of what can happy and it is very sad but if all of the above are done properly then there should be no risk??? please give me some advise ty x
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2011 :  01:25:32  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately there is no way to remove all risks with co-habiting.

As I said in a post buried (and obviously ignored) somewhere in this thread "corns are opportunistic eaters, when they have the opportunity to eat, they will"
The question is will a corn ever take the opportunity to eat it's cellmate???

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000