Gutted!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  18:07:06  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi guys!

It was dinner time in the household today, and I had decided not to take pictures today, seeing as I did last week, and yesterday, but do you know what? I REALLY should have! Teeny tiny little Boa put all of the others to shame and did a perfect strike and constrict response to his dinner today! I warmed it through by placing the little green plastic cup I defrost their dinner in on the radiator for a few moments before offering it. He actually got three coils around it (goes to show JUST how small he is!) and then clamped his jaws around its head, then proceeded to squeeze it for a good 3 minutes before beginning to eat it upside-down!!!

If I get the same reaction next week, I'm going to attempt to film him, but gosh! I reckon he did it because he KNEW I wasn't there ready with the camera! Such a cheeky little devil! Looks like he wouldn't hurt a fly most of the time doesn't he!

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  18:09:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go Boa, so cute when they are small to see them act like a big snake. :)

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  18:17:02  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It really is! Ripley is 8x his size and can't even be bothered to eat most of the time he's so laid back, lol!! Widget occasionally attempts a coil, but gives up half way through. Only Boa has struck and constricted more then once! Poor little Dex just prods until he's less nervous of it being alive. Such a cautious little snakey!

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  19:12:00  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
well his feeding habits are in the name ;) :P

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  20:41:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Little tinker him,he knew exactly what he was doing didn't he!
Cross fingers he performs for you when the camera is out next time. He certainly doesn't seem to mind posing!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2010 :  10:06:17  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sods law......bet you could almost see him sniggering at you!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2010 :  10:16:18  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I really could x.x What a little sod! Everyone is fast asleep at the moment though, bless, lol!

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

sarahw
Hatchling

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2010 :  17:07:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so cute, my little snow has started coiling round him food, looks funny to see such a small snake doing that

1.2.0cats:felix, whiskers&gizmo
1.0.0staffie tyson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000