New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  13:03:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well we are still having problems with kyle eating at the min , since his regurge he hasnt shown any interest in food , we have left him be with no handling and left a pinkie in the over night on monday , woke up it was still there . we are going to try again on thursday and if it fails the person we had him off said she will take a look at him and monitor him (she has mentioned ppl couldnt get their snake to feed and took it back to her and she had it feeding rite there infront of them) . Kyle has been drinking , but hiding loads he doesnt really move about much . we thought because he had shed he would be hungry by now , he last fed on the 1st of march , then went into shed (which we didnt spot straight away) he then ate in this week as he was roaming around alot , then regurged it 2 days later (we hadnt handled him at all in that period) so now we are just praying come thursday he eats . we have put cardboard all around his tank to give him some privacy and his temps are looking good . just a waiting game i guesss

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  16:22:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to be honest if he ate 2 weeks ago I wouldn't be worried. also as he has fed and regurged in this time it may not be interested in feeding just yet. When exactly did it regurge.

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  16:42:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we fed him the 6th on the sunday and found the pinky on the tuesday (8th) we hadnt held him in that time either, he then shed on the thursday which we were abit shocked at having had him only a week . since the regurge he refuses and he isnt active at all he stays in the middle of the tank under the kitchen roll , he stayed there all yesterday and is still there now . we havent got him out just lifted the kitchen roll to check he ok ? its hard to tell if he has dropped weight as we havent had him long etc ? just abit worried :(

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  17:01:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I woldnt try to be feeding a snake that has regurged for at least 10-14 days they need time to get the stomach acids / juices flowing again.

Dont try and feed on Thursday is to soon wait until the weekend at the earliest and get smaller prey than you would normally offer.

have a read up on gingepony's sticky on regurge it will help.

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  17:32:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The hiding part I wouldn't worry about. In fact get used to it as thats corns!

I hardly see any of mine. If I'm lucky I see them having a roam around in the evening. Some are more active than others but they do like to hide away most of the time, especially when little.

Edited by - Invalid User on 16/03/2011 17:33:25
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  17:45:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
okies guys thanks :)

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  22:31:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dealt with a regurge following the regurge sticky in health and it was a godsend, really reassuring in a situation I didn't fully know what to do. http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7792

I wouldn't worry, just follow the sticky, check everything it recommends to check and everything will come good in the end. The hardest part was the no handling, talk about torture.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  22:50:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey lotabob , we havent handled him for ages now , and its hard , we have little kodi too and havent and dont plan on touching her for a week or so . its just worrying as he hasnt fed with us at all . we know the temps are rite now , maybe his faun is abit big for him , im going to down size it to the medium exoterra one like kodi's to see if that helps and just try not to worry as much , he has fresh water and im sure he will eat when he is ready . the woman who we got him form said she will check him out for us n try and get him to feed if we have no luck . our local place had said to take him back and get another , but i dont wanna do that coz im really attached :(

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  21:53:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
update on kyle , we have left him well alone for ages now and tried every manor availiable wen it comes to feeding him with stil no luck , he is drinking and is gettin more active at nite , but he totally ignores his food . we are taking him back to the shop tomorro , and the woman there insisted she will get him feeding again . its worrying me as what if she cant get him to feed? or what if she does , wil it mean he is always going to be a fussy feeder ? Kodi is fine and her temps are the same as his , shes had two meals with us now . another reptile shop tod us to take him back and swap him for another snake as they shouldnt be this much trouble , however i dont want to give up on him either . its been such a stress :( sorry for the long post , just need abit of cheering up and maybe a little advice? thanks x

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  09:27:06  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
youngsters can be awkward!
i'm sure the breeder will get him going again for you

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  13:22:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey well as it happens we dropped him off earlier and shes called us to say he has ate it fine and has a nice healthy lump in his tummy , could it have been the car ride over stimulating him? the smell of the shop? i dont think its our set up as we have the temps running fine , any idea's ?

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  13:55:57  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
your thawing or heating technique?
what do you usually do? and what works ok for your other corn?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  13:58:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we normally take one out the freezer pop it into a bag and use warm water for awhile and we have also just left them room temp to thaw , and that works for kodi but not for kyle it seems . the woman in the shop literally took one out the freezer and held it in her hand for about 10 - 15 mins while we spoke to her then popped it into his faun , then i would say about 45 mins later we got the call to say he had eaten it . she said she was about to get a smaller fluff out as the one she had got seemed to have defrosted abit bigger , and wen she went back to put the smaller one in he had eaten it .

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000