Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2009 :  16:18:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yer 888reptiles.co.uk. They aren't that pricy, only for P&P added. I spent over £50 so free delivery. They have a selection of decoration leaves, vines etc from £2.24. I bought 2 medium Borneo bush plants for just over £5. Here's the link.

http://www.888reptiles.co.uk/productsubcategories.php?SubCategoryID=194

0.1.0 Anery corn- LegLess
1.0.0 Carolina corn- NoFeet
1.0.0 Syrian hamster- Jabba
0.2.0 Albino ferrets- Mable & Sue
1.0.0 Cat- Ned
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2009 :  18:13:16  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i've got a new rack half built, i'll post pics over the weekend once its finished :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

angelsue
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  18:52:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some lovely set ups keep them coming oh and put your rubs up to will get some pics of mine tonight to get up
Go to Top of Page

Mnementh
Yearling

United Kingdom
537 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  19:20:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These are a couple of older pics , some have moved into bigger rubs now and I've lost more books :P also have more snakes but you get the idea . Roll on 2 or 3 weeks for my nice rack :)

Inside a couple of rubs

:)

One last jump , that's all we have to take Holth .
Wearily the old queen gathered heself to spring ;
Moreta gratefully began her litany .
Black , blacker , blackest -
They went between .

Edited by - Mnementh on 19/11/2009 19:21:05
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2009 :  21:01:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool set ups!

Bilbo, just noticed in lizzy's viv you use that bulb? it's not got a guard!

Youv'e all seen my vivs!

When I get some cash, xmas, will be doing a big re-vamp!
Go to Top of Page

Bilbo
Hatchling

United Kingdom
426 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2009 :  22:13:22  Show Profile  Visit Bilbo's Homepage  Click to see Bilbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i know but it dont go on not untill i have made the guard. and i dont think i will use the light untill she is in the new stack. the light is not pluged in so the kids cant turn it on without me knowing as well best to be safe then sorry.......

2 male corns (Bilbo and roger)
1 female corn (lizzie)
2 dogs westies (jock & morag)
5 mirror carp
3 common carp
3 tench
5 gold fish
Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2009 :  21:36:15  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well nice to see peeps have their priorities straight with losing books, and Kehhlyr's looks as though the washing machine used to be there or something, lol.

Well here's Elijah's faun, only 2 plants in there but it gives him plenty of cover.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2009 :  22:27:58  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo

lee just wanted to ask how the temps are in your stack??? do you have a mat in all of them???

temps are fine,mats for all apart from the royal.He was in the top but have move him to the second viv from the bottom but the heat doesnt affect the viv above as there the space for the stats ect.

Go to Top of Page

Bilbo
Hatchling

United Kingdom
426 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  18:59:25  Show Profile  Visit Bilbo's Homepage  Click to see Bilbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
update on how my setup is looking now... some small bits to sort out but almost done...

2 male corns (Bilbo and roger)
1 female corn (lizzie)
2 dogs westies (jock & morag)
5 mirror carp
3 common carp
3 tench
5 gold fish

Edited by - Bilbo on 19/12/2009 19:00:31
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2009 :  04:56:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am seriously jealous Bilbo!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

22 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2009 :  11:58:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,
I'm a new corn snake owner, only picked up Ozzie a week ago.
I love the pictures of all of your viv's, definately makes me want to put more in for Ozzie.
One question i do have tho is how do you maintain the humidty, we've got a monitor to keep an eye on it but it seems we have to mist in the there once or twice a day.
Any advice would be great.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2009 :  12:14:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey Grace85
corns dont need high humidity, so there is no need to mist the viv daily, or even check the levels to be honest .. they do fine with our general humidity levels. all that really needs checking are the temps
you can raise the humidity a little by misting the vivwhen Ozzie is shedding though

why dont you go and introduce yourself in the introduction section and pics are a must asap

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix

Edited by - n/a on 23/12/2009 12:15:15
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2009 :  12:18:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Grace. Say hi properly in the Introduction section so we can give you a proper welcome!!

As far as humidity is concerned corns are from a dry, arrid environment and are adapted to live there, not somewhere damp. The only time you might add a slight bit of humidity is if they are shedding and are known to have difficult sheds, in which case you can move the water bowl onto the heat mat, put in a moss hide and even mist the viv in the morning if really necessary. Too much humidity increases the risk of repiratory infections, so keep it dry.

Welcome anyway...and I look forward to welcoming you and Ozzie properly soon!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

22 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2009 :  14:45:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that guys, has put my mind at rest knowing he's not dehydrated or anything, lol!
Another thing (you're going to get fed of me, lol) I'm using bark for Ossie viv but have noticed in most of these pictures that you're using something else, what's best??
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2009 :  14:46:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you can use bark but it can cause too much humidity..
most people on here use aspen although a few use hemp which is very similar..
mine are on aspen with some paper shreddings so they can burrow through it

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2009 :  04:48:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grace85

Thanks for that guys, has put my mind at rest knowing he's not dehydrated or anything, lol!
Another thing (you're going to get fed of me, lol) I'm using bark for Ossie viv but have noticed in most of these pictures that you're using something else, what's best??

What HannahB has said is right, most of us use aspen, you can even use shredded newspaper if you want.

Just wanted to comment that we will never get fed up with you! (Hope I dont regret saying that ) You are asking questions cos you care about Ossie and want to get it right...so keep asking!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2009 :  21:32:47  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice litle set up, But one thing I found as also sugessted to Hawkeye and she said it made a diffrence. Try wrapping some paper or similar round the back and sides so snakey does not feel exposed. You will find this will reduce stress and the likeyhod of snakey going of its food!
Or buy loads of plastic plants and chuck them round the sides!!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 25/12/2009 :  11:44:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Nice litle set up, But one thing I found as also sugessted to Hawkeye and she said it made a diffrence. Try wrapping some paper or similar round the back and sides so snakey does not feel exposed. You will find this will reduce stress and the likeyhod of snakey going of its food!
Or buy loads of plastic plants and chuck them round the sides!!
quote:

Thanks for the advice i will look into it and see what i kind find for her.

Go to Top of Page

Takagi
Egg

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2010 :  21:52:18  Show Profile  Click to see Takagi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ohh just saw this, hope no one minds me posting my lil set up for Max. please ignor the cardboard at the moment heh was best I had to hand till I get the silly poly sorted.... stuff makes a hell of a mess

Max's home:

[/URL]

had to open up for his water change, so took a quicky while I was there :)

[/URL]

and finally the lil guy him self, he is quiet shy pops his head out when I change his water to watch me then scurrys away back to his hide

I can see you!!
[/URL]

Edited by - Takagi on 07/04/2010 21:53:41
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  02:44:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Takagi

ohh just saw this, hope no one minds me posting my lil set up for Max. please ignor the cardboard at the moment heh was best I had to hand till I get the silly poly sorted.... stuff makes a hell of a mess

Max's home:

had to open up for his water change, so took a quicky while I was there :)

and finally the lil guy him self, he is quiet shy pops his head out when I change his water to watch me then scurrys away back to his hide

I can see you!!

It is always great to see people's set ups (must take some pics of mine at some point ).

Looks like Max has a great home, although one thing I did notice is that you are keeping a track of his temps using the strip thermometers at the front. These are virtually useless and you would do much better to get a digital thermometer as soon as possible, they are much more accurate and it is always a relief to be able to keep a close eye on what the temps are in their home. I like the way you have one hide covered with some foliage, will make Max feel very secure and looks good!

You say that he is quite shy but just the fact that he pops his head out to have a look when you have your hand in changing his water is a really good sign !

xxx

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000