Mat-stat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  21:04:44  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine broke earlier on, or atleast i noticed it was broke, the temperature dropped to around 23 degrees i then unplugged the stat and plugged the mat straight into the socket and temperatures started to rise. Will casper be ok untill i can get a new stat, i will try and get one tommorow as there is a small pet shop near me who stocks some snakes, its where i get my food from. But i cant go to waqrrington where i got my original stat from because of the weather my mum cant get the car back up the hill and therefore no stat swap.

I don't mind getting a new one since i plan on getting a new snake soon enough anyway, but if the pet shop dosnt stock them, will casper be ok untill i can get back to warrington or for how ever long it takes for one to arrive which i order offline?

The temps have rose upto 33 degrees and then i had to turn the mat off myself for a bit and then turn it back on when the temp got to around 27. I have noticed that when the temp was higher than what it would normly get to, casper curled up behind her cave where the substrate is slightly thicker so it must be a fairly comfortable heat there.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  21:12:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tonight i would turn it off altogether - you wont want to be up all night turning it on or off yourself, get a load of towels and put them round the base of the viv and then on top aswell to keep the heat thats there in,
you could put a lukewarm hot water bottle in aswell,
corns are pretty hardy so if you have to wait a day or two for one to arrive off the internet id turn the heatmat off altogether and use towels and hot water bottles but I wouldnt feed him - he wont mind missing a meal as it would be too cold for him to digest it safely,

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Edited by - sexychef on 11/01/2010 21:36:43
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  21:13:28  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
turn of the mat completly they get dangously hot with out a stat. just keep it in a room with the heating on

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  21:22:41  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lol, i love the swear filter on here! :D

I'd turn the mat off overnight, he'll be fine.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  21:22:53  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sexychef

turn of the mat completly they get dangously hot with out a stat. just keep it in a room with the heating on

It can get pretty cold in my room and there is not really anywhere else to put her as we have cats in the house aswell. Wouldn't want to put her in the living room or kitchen incase the cats knock the faun over.

As for feeding i last fed her yesterday night, i will keep it on for now whilst i am up, i am in my bedroom anyway but will turn it off before i go to bed. I will go to the shop tommorow hopefully they will stock them, if not i will order one as soon as i get back, hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.

I'm sure she will be ok, i've noticed that aspen holds the heat for a few hours anyway and if i wrap a few towells around it will keep the ambient temperature up.

Thanks for the fast replies.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  21:42:03  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
be really careful with an ustated mat. as long as your house doesnt freeze and stays around 20-22c you should be fine

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  22:34:15  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't think the pet shop near me stocks them, my mum cant remember seeing any in when she went, and says the reason she didnt buy my sisters starter kit from there was because they didnt give a thermostat with it and i specificaly told her to make sure she gets one as i had read online that alot of shops leave them out as they don't think they are needed. Kinda stupid when most people would probably go to them for advice...

I'm going to order one online in a minute hopefully it will be posted tommora and i will get it some time in the week. Does anybody have any recomendations for a reliable stat?

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  22:38:21  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
habistats or microclimates are the most common. have a look at this thread on our sister site. http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=213
oh and try not to thread hi-jack

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  22:41:01  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

habistats or microclimates are the most common. have a look at this thread on our sister site. http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=213
oh and try not to thread hi-jack

Its kind of hard to hi-jack your own thread

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  22:44:13  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sorry completly fogot who started this thread

bows head in shame

Edited by - sexychef on 11/01/2010 22:45:09
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  22:46:10  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

sorry completly fogot who start this thread

bows head in shame

Lol, thanks for the link. I was looking at the twin stat as i will be getting another corn snake in the near future but i think i will just get a single, that way if it brakes i havn't got 2 tanks to worry about

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  22:48:14  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
all mine are on twin stats and i always have a couple of spare mats, bulbs and stat just i case

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  22:53:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i apolagise for the swearing.. never occurred to me that the swear filter wouldnt like that word

feel a right silly billy...

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  22:54:51  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
its alright i saved you hannah

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  23:02:48  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How old is the stat?
If you still have the receipt, Habistat do a 5 year replacement don't they??

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  23:09:54  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

How old is the stat?
If you still have the receipt, Habistat do a 5 year replacement don't they??

I've only had it 2 weeks so when i can i will just take it back to the shop. I sent an eamil to the shop owner earlier on and he said he will just either swap it or do a refund for me. But since i can't get to the shop because of what the weather has been like i am just going to order one and then take the broken one back to lee. I may just swap it as i will be getting another snake probably in a couple of months and it could come in handy to have a spare about.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  23:16:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

its alright i saved you hannah

thank you!
i am eternally grateful!

will really try and spell properly next time!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000