Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2010 :  10:36:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, fantastic guide. this has really been helpful. I didn't know whether to get a digital thermometer or not but now I def will. I was going to get one with 2 probes so I can keep an eye on the cool end temp too or is this not needed?
Go to Top of Page

scubadude
Hatchling

United Kingdom
366 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2010 :  12:09:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cracking setup guide, even I can't get it wrong using this, cheers for answering an awful lot of questions in one go.. and I didn't even need to ask.
Thanks again

1.0.0 Classic corn snake - Dodge,2.2.0 Normal Royal - Palin,Detritus, Lyssa & Sofia,1.0.0 Spider royal - Anan,1.0.0 Mojave Royal - Ocha,1.0 Butter Royal - Huritt,0.1 Pastel ph ghost - Weeko,0.1 Yellowbelly - Loni,1.1.0 crawl cay boas -Maya & Pech,1.0.0 Hypo hog island boa - Harley,0.1.0 Hog island Boa - Babe

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.
Go to Top of Page

Ayersy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2010 :  11:52:56  Show Profile  Click to see Ayersy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Think I'm gonna need to run out and get a thermostat, got a digital thermometer yesterday that says the warm end is about 28 degrees, but the guy in the shop said I didn't need a thermostat, for some reason. :S
Go to Top of Page

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2010 :  11:56:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great guide! thanks very much! i will point my new keeper friend in this direction!

1.1.0 corns "wotsit" and "biscuit"
1.0.0 Royal "ophion"
0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python "Serendipity"
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake "Obsidian"
0.1.0 Bunny Rabbit (?) "truffle"

R.I.P "Prisma Pequeno"
Go to Top of Page

Cornflake1
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  19:56:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
* MOD edit, this is a pointless post if you are going to post can you please make it constructive or at least relevant

Bethany Carruthers
5 years experiance
2 cornsnakes - still own
1 rainbow boa- has been sold

Edited by - gmac on 08/01/2011 20:09:57
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2011 :  13:21:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent guide, I have just set up my faun with absolute ease because of this. Thank you :-)
Go to Top of Page

MickyB
Egg

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2011 :  22:49:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im part way through building this exact setup orderin the last bits on friday thanks for the ideas lil mick GOOD GUIDE!
Go to Top of Page

joelcafc
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  23:30:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, im thinking of getting a corn snake (still in the research stage atm) and i was wondering how long it would be untill the snake out grows this set up?
Go to Top of Page

georgecorn
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2011 :  10:59:49  Show Profile  Visit georgecorn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
nice work mick helped me a bit
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2011 :  02:05:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey have followed ur sticky guide when setting up kodi's new home , i put pics up just a quick question i noticed on the heat mat u had the copper facing up , on the instructions it says they should be facing down? i have them facing down at the min , but is it better if its the other way around? x

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  11:54:56  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is awesome. Thank you so much

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

tomp33
Egg

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2011 :  17:35:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I posted like a year ago but I didn't get a snake in the end... Now I actually am and I cannot begin to say how good this guide is lol. I've set up my little snakeys home now. Just waiting to pick him up :) Using non-digital thermometers but hoping to buy digital soon.
My parents are loveing the snake idea, they're going to pay for the viv and put it in the living room with deco when he's bigger.
Thanks again

1 Corn Snake- Snape
:)
Go to Top of Page

tomp33
Egg

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2011 :  17:36:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joelcafc

hi, im thinking of getting a corn snake (still in the research stage atm) and i was wondering how long it would be untill the snake out grows this set up?

It's impossible to say but it's around a year I think.
:) (I asked reptile keeper today)

1 Corn Snake- Snape
Go to Top of Page

tomp33
Egg

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2011 :  06:14:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Sorry for doube post but when the stat heat light goes off does that mean that the temperature is at the required level and stuff.
Sorry, just wondering if mine was broken.

1 Corn Snake- Snape
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2011 :  08:44:25  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya, yes if the light that is labelled heat goes off then the mat has reached the correct temperature according to the thermostat. The dials on the stat arent always spot on so sometimes you have to play around with it to get the right reading on your thermometer. Unfortunately with dial and strip thermometers they are notoriously unreliable so I would recommend you get at least one digital thermometer for the warm end to make sure you have it at the right temperature. You can get one on ebay for about £3 so probably even cheaper than the exoterra dial ones.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2011 :  17:34:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you - a great guide for me as newbie snake mummy, must say in general this site helps loads with first time anxieties, thaks all.
N

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page

ogri
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2011 :  22:39:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LittleMick

Well the cost of me posting is about 50p a word, will send admin an invoice shortly.

Lol, seriously though, you want me to build it for you as well?

Lol, No, absolutely seriously, if it will help I will get a price together of what I paid for a COMPLETE setup. But I'm sure if people hunt around they can get everything a little cheaper.

This was an absolute god send and yeah if you could come around my house when I have problems(I'll put he kettle on)

0.1.0. Snow - Binky
Go to Top of Page

carlyjackson
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2011 :  15:16:03  Show Profile  Visit carlyjackson's Homepage  Click to see carlyjackson's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
great thread.. i feel a little more confident about setting up a home for my snakey now :)

1.0.0 Carolina Corn - Albert
1.0.0 Reverse Okeetee Corn - Domino
1.6.0 Guinea Pigs (Parsley, Pepper, Blondie, Holly, Bonnie, Poppy & Pickles)
Go to Top of Page

Tommy H
Snake Mite

6 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2011 :  23:50:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brilliant thread. So I'm looking at getting a hatchling, and I've seen it mentioned that they can squeeze through small gaps - I take it that the air slots in the lid of the faunarium from 888 are too small for them to get through?

Do you know if the lid clamps on? As i've heard they get strong and can lift lids?

Also, strange question, how often so they poo?
Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2011 :  07:25:57  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They air slots are small so should be ok. The cable holes on the lid if not used should be blocked ( i used tissue). The lid dies clap down so no fears there.

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000